PDA

View Full Version : AA in trouble on 4th street

augie00
07-19-2005, 04:43 PM
$114 turbo sng on stars
1st level so no reads, everyone has around 1500

blinds 10/20

I pick up black aces in MP1 and raise to 60. LP calls and BB calls.

Flop is Kc 7c 7s

BB checks, I bet out 100, LP calls, BB calls

Turn is 2h for (Kc 7c 7s 2h)

BB checks, I bet out 200, LP calls, BB thinks and raises to 500. I fold without much hesitation.

durron597
07-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Raise more preflop. With your small preflop raise it's too likely the BB has a 7.

Nottom
07-19-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise more preflop. With your small preflop raise it's too likely the BB has a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

meh

durron597
07-19-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that I'm calling with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB with that action to me.

Nottom
07-19-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

meh

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that I'm calling with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB with that action to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prolly, but I still have AA and shouldn't be afraid of a little action. I would probably make it 70 here, but if he called 40 he probably calls 50 too.

I don't see much point in raising any more than that.

durron597
07-19-2005, 05:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Prolly, but I still have AA and shouldn't be afraid of a little action. I would probably make it 70 here, but if he called 40 he probably calls 50 too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is on Stars, the stacks are much deeper than Party in level 1.

Nottom
07-19-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is on Stars, the stacks are much deeper than Party in level 1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which means I don't feel as bad about folding if the flop action is ugly.

kuro
07-19-2005, 05:48 PM
Why not call and re-evaluate the river? I think your hand is just too strong to give villain credit for entering a raised pot with a 7 and lucking out to hit the flop that hard.

When you have aces, you're very seldom going to have the nuts on the flop or turn and if you fold them on this board especially with deep stacks where villains are more likely to make a move on you then you're going to spew a lot of chips. Just because a guy represents trips doesn't mean he has trips and certainly villain realizes that it's very unlikely that you have trips.

augie00
07-19-2005, 07:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not call and re-evaluate the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because without one of the two river aces my hand is only going to get worse.

[ QUOTE ]
When you have aces, you're very seldom going to have the nuts on the flop or turn

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that have to do with anything?

[ QUOTE ]
if you fold them on this board especially with deep stacks where villains are more likely to make a move on you then you're going to spew a lot of chips

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you really call a tiny raise into two opponents, one who's shown considerable strength on three (3) rounds of betting already, "making a move?" That is surely just a joke and I missed the punchline.

[ QUOTE ]
Just because a guy represents trips doesn't mean he has trips and certainly villain realizes that it's very unlikely that you have trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Both of those statements are true. But given the size of villian's raise and the action so far in the hand that the chance that he has a 7 is better than the chance that he doesn't? Furthermore, what kind of hand would villian check-call the flop with and then make a tiny raise on the turn with?

07-19-2005, 07:53 PM
I put him on pocket deuces. Getting the 2 pair on the flop, and completing his boat on the turn.

Or at least one 7. ;-)

durron597
07-19-2005, 08:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Both of those statements are true. But given the size of villian's raise and the action so far in the hand that the chance that he has a 7 is better than the chance that he doesn't? Furthermore, what kind of hand would villian check-call the flop with and then make a tiny raise on the turn with?

[/ QUOTE ]

A post oak bluff? He *knows* you don't have a 7.

I think I call and check behind/fold to a push the river.

augie00
07-19-2005, 08:18 PM
Then how much are you calling on the river?

Moonsugar
07-19-2005, 08:23 PM
And this is a bad thing for AA?

durron597
07-19-2005, 08:23 PM
I guess 400. But he only has two moves, allin or check, so that question doesn't really matter.

Yuck. I know I don't like the turn fold, and I'm saying yuck because I'm uncertain of folding to a push on the river.

durron597
07-19-2005, 08:24 PM
It is when I outflop you.

kuro
07-19-2005, 08:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
But given the size of villian's raise and the action so far in the hand that the chance that he has a 7 is better than the chance that he doesn't? Furthermore, what kind of hand would villian check-call the flop with and then make a tiny raise on the turn with?

[/ QUOTE ]

You bet 100 into a 190 pot on a 2 flush paired flop and then you bet 200 into a 590 pot on the turn. That's not exactly a real show of strength. It looks scared. I don't think villain has to have a huge hand to raise it 300 here when you and mp1 have shown so little strength. He has AK,KQ-KT,QQ-TT, or maybe is even semi-bluffing the flush draw light more often than he has a boat or a set here.

I think you play Aces too timidly early. Bet more on the flop like 2/3 the pot. Bet at least half the pot on the turn. Don't be afraid of going broke here with this hand. That's actually a pretty decent flop for aces.

durron597
07-19-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He has AK,KQ-KT,QQ-TT, or maybe is even semi-bluffing the flush draw light more often than he has a boat or a set here.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why I hate the turn fold. But I don't see him pushing any of those hands on the river. Maybe he c/red the turn to win a free showdown?

augie00
07-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Ok, well since you're all so very wrong I'll just end this chirade, he and LP went to showdown and he had 67s

kuro
07-19-2005, 08:54 PM
If the river is a K or a club I'm check folding to all but the smallest bet. If it's a blank, I'm betting smallish for value and calling a push.

durron597
07-19-2005, 09:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If the river is a K or a club I'm check folding to all but the smallest bet. If it's a blank, I'm betting smallish for value and calling a push.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are in position.

durron597
07-19-2005, 09:10 PM
You know, I just realized that LP is still in the hand. I SHOULD LEARN HOW TO READ.

Yea, this is a clear fold. BB is not going to c/r that small into two opponents without the goods.

Amazing how much the two words "LP calls" changes everything.

And next time raise more preflop.

augie00
07-19-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, have you ever folded aces on a reasonable board?

kuro
07-20-2005, 12:13 AM
I'll lay aces, but the board has to be a lot scarrier than K772.

adanthar
07-20-2005, 01:09 AM
I think this whole hand is totally standard and well played, except I may've raised to 80 or 100 since the stacks are deeper than average or something. Okay, I may've bet 120 on the flop, but who cares.

That turn is a very very good time to bet/fold.