PDA

View Full Version : Quoting from Earlier Posts in a Thread

colgin
07-19-2005, 04:38 PM
Since I am not completely stupid I have figured out that there is a UBB code for Quote so that I can quote from earlier posts in a thread. However, if I try to dump into that something that has already been quoted (or several such quotes) I get lines across the screen instead of the nice "nesting" that I see when others copy earlier posts and responses. Additionally, I lose other character codes this way as well.

My fix has been to manually add in different sets of UBB Quote codes for each one and then fix the missing graemlins. However, I have to believe that there is a much easier way of doing this as it is extremely time consuming and I cannot believe that is what others are doing.

Thanks in advance.

Colgin

Brainwalter
07-19-2005, 05:34 PM
Use the Quote button right next to (and instead of) the Reply button on the post you want to quote.

colgin
07-19-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Use the Quote button right next to (and instead of) the Reply button on the post you want to quote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

MrTrik
07-19-2005, 07:02 PM
Feel free to edit the quote to remove text unrelated to your reply (please, please, please). Just leave the UBB stuff intact and you'll be fine.