PDA

View Full Version : Messed up flight booking - please help me

spamuell
07-19-2005, 04:16 PM
This all just happened in the last 15 mins.

I'm going to Chicago at the beginning of August. I tried to book my flight on a website but after entering my details, it said that there was a problem with the booking and it hadn't gone through. I tried again and got the same message. This was just a message, not an email, so I don't have a copy of it.

I thought screw it and booked a similarly priced flight on a different site which went through and I got an email confirming it. I now just got two emails from the first site, confirming both of the flights I booked. I tried calling them but their offices are closed so I'm going to ring them first thing tomorrow. Other than explaining what happened, does anyone have any advice for what I should say to them?

I'm also worried because I don't have enough money in my bank account to pay for all three flights.

I'd really appreciate any help, I have no idea what to do.

lucas9000
07-19-2005, 04:18 PM
first, how are they closed? it's 4:15 eastern right now...it's not a holiday or a weekend. they shouldn't be closed. aside from that, i would call the bank and explain the situation...maybe they can put a stop on any charges before they cause overdrafts in your account.

spamuell
07-19-2005, 04:20 PM
I live in the UK. It's after 9pm right now. The bank is closed as well.

swede123
07-19-2005, 04:23 PM
Most likely they'll take care of it tomorrow no problem. Since you are listed as the passenger on all three tickets you should have plenty of support for them to cancel two of the three. But it probably wouldn't hurt for you to call your bank and explain the situation, in case all three charges hit your account tonight.

Swede

NJchick
07-19-2005, 04:23 PM
Can you call your credit card company and see if you can do a stop payment?

Explain to them the situation.

spamuell
07-19-2005, 04:29 PM
I used a debit card. I just found the bank's "Actionline" number which is open 24 hours but it was useless as they said they can't do anything until 8am tomorrow so I'll call them then.

sfer
07-19-2005, 04:32 PM
You booked through an Agency? Most international carriers have some sort of 24 hour help/booking.

spamuell
07-19-2005, 04:33 PM
I phoned the number on their website it said they close at 9pm. I think I'll just have to wait till 8am tomorrow when they and the bank open again, thanks for the help.

lu_hawk
07-19-2005, 04:35 PM
you're screwed. cancelling non-refundable flights is very difficult even in obvious situations like this. if you raise a fuss they will put you on the terrorist watch list and won't let you fly anywhere.

RacersEdge
07-19-2005, 04:38 PM
The transaction at the bank shouldn't hit until 2 PM if banks in England are like banks here. That should give you enough time to cancel 2 of the 3.

lucas9000
07-19-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I live in the UK. It's after 9pm right now. The bank is closed as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

my bad. that's what i get for assuming everyone else is in the us :-\

spamuell
07-20-2005, 03:14 AM
Update - I slept badly and called them early this morning and they said they fixed it.

2+2 wannabe
07-20-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Update - I slept badly and called them early this morning and they said they fixed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a relief!

Alex/Mugaaz
07-20-2005, 05:38 AM
No airline can deny a refund within 24hrs, ever.