PDA

View Full Version : Are you an organ donor?

DemonDeac
07-19-2005, 03:50 PM
So did you pay the extra $1 to be an organ donor?

If no, why not?

Hiding
07-19-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm an organ donor, but I didn't pay $1 to do it, there is (was?) no charge here(kentucky). So I am a no vote who really is a yes minus the buck.

evans075
07-19-2005, 03:54 PM
You accually have to pay to give your organs away!! WTF? I'm a yes BTW and its free.

DemonDeac
07-19-2005, 03:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You accually have to pay to give your organs away!! WTF? I'm a yes BTW and its free.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf is this free BS?!?!

Brainwalter
07-19-2005, 03:57 PM
why tf would it NOT be free?

mslif
07-19-2005, 04:00 PM
I am an organ and bone marrow donor.

DemonDeac
beats me. i thought every state gov't made you pay.

F'IN PENNSYLVANIA!!!

i guess the more important poll would be, do u have to pay to be an organ donor?

Wes ManTooth
it was free... even if it was $1 I would pay it.

kyro
07-19-2005, 04:01 PM
huh, so do you get charged by the hour at your local soup kitchen?

AsiaKurosawa
07-19-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am an organ and bone marrow donor.

[/ QUOTE ]

DemonDeac
07-19-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
huh, so do you get charged by the hour at your local soup kitchen?

[/ QUOTE ]

as a matter of fact.............

spamuell
I officially expressed the wish to be an organ donor when I applied for my driving license but I'm pretty sure that the law is that if I die, it's up to my next of kin whether my organs can actually be donated.

Peca277
Yes. Free in VA and NY.

kyro
07-19-2005, 04:05 PM
I can see it now. Old lady standing at the side of the road waiting for cars to pass. You go over and help her across. When you get to the other side, she looks at you and says, "That'll be $3.50 please."

jakethebake
07-19-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm taking it a step further and donating the whole damn thing. (http://www.sciencecare.com/) I figure I might as well be helping as many people as possible after I'm gone. I sure as hell won't need my body at that point.

DemonDeac
07-19-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm taking it a step further and donating the whole damn thing. (http://www.sciencecare.com/) I figure I might as well be helping as many people as possible after I'm gone. I sure as hell won't need my body at that point.

[/ QUOTE ]

did u actually do that? did u talk with your family about it first?

kyro
07-19-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Teacher: Melissa(name?) can you show us where the femur is?
Melissa: Um. (Goes over to skeleton)
Peter: Aaaaaaaaaah! (Melissa shrieks) Haha. Get outta here you little bastard.

asb165
07-19-2005, 04:10 PM
Pennsylvania does not charge you to be an organ donor. From the PennDOT DMV (http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/organ_donor/index.shtml) website:

<font color="blue"> You also have the opportunity to donate a dollar to the Governor Robert P. Casey Memorial Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Trust Fund (formerly known as ODTF) with each motor vehicle, driver's license and photo ID card renewal. Donations can also be made at any time through the Department of Health. For information regarding contributions to the trust fund, visit the Department of Health or call 1-800-PA HEALTH </font>

Nothing wrong with donating a dollar though.

jakethebake
07-19-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I've expressed my wishes to my family. They have no problems with it. Why should they?

kyro
07-19-2005, 04:12 PM
This is much more logical.

-Skeme-
07-19-2005, 04:17 PM
I wanna donate my skin.

jakethebake
07-19-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wanna donate my skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy thanks you...

http://movies.monstrous.com/pictures/Hellraiser_17.jpg

DemonDeac
07-19-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pennsylvania does not charge you to be an organ donor. From the PennDOT DMV (http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/organ_donor/index.shtml) website:

<font color="blue"> You also have the opportunity to donate a dollar to the Governor Robert P. Casey Memorial Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Trust Fund (formerly known as ODTF) with each motor vehicle, driver's license and photo ID card renewal. Donations can also be made at any time through the Department of Health. For information regarding contributions to the trust fund, visit the Department of Health or call 1-800-PA HEALTH </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

but then why did it say on my renewal application that i had to add a dollar to the check i sent in if i wanted to be an organ donor. the same thing for when i first got my liscense

RacersEdge
07-19-2005, 04:20 PM
In GA, they basically pay you to be one - your driver's license fee is like 8-10 bucks less if you become an OD.

DemonDeac
07-19-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. I've expressed my wishes to my family. They have no problems with it. Why should they?

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know. maybe a family would want to bury you or keep an urn of ur ashes. i really have no idea. im only 19. its ur call, my man

2planka
07-19-2005, 04:23 PM
I donate blood. I am a bone marrow donor. I donated platelets when my father was ill.

I am not an organ donor.

I worked for a company that used donated human tissue in a for-profit cosmetic application. Basically human collagen to make rich old bats look like their lips got stuck in the Hoover. I discovered that much donated tissue is bought and processed by for-profit organizations. Not for this corpse, thanks.

beerbandit
07-19-2005, 04:35 PM
i donated my organ to this chick fri night -- she gave it back when she was done though

cost: free

asb165
07-19-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but then why did it say on my renewal application that i had to add a dollar to the check i sent in if i wanted to be an organ donor. the same thing for when i first got my liscense

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what it says. Here's a PDF of the drivers license renewal. (http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotforms/dl_forms/dl-80.pdf) Section F says that you can give the $1 but it's not a requirement.

DemonDeac
07-19-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not what it says. Here's a PDF of the drivers license renewal. (http://www.dot10.state.pa.us/pdotforms/dl_forms/dl-80.pdf) Section F says that you can give the $1 but it's not a requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats not the form i had. mine was much simpler. it didnt say anything about voluntary donations.

asb165
07-19-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh well. If that's what your form really said, then PA is dumb. Organ donors should be encouraged.

DemonDeac
07-19-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh well. If that's what your form really said, then PA is dumb. Organ donors should be encouraged.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i know.

and i just realized your from philly, so ur kinda in my boat too.

FWIW, im from king of prussia. GO PHILLIES!!

JMP300z
07-19-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

After dissection in Head and Neck anatomy last semester...I would certainly recommend NOT doing this....Man was that crazy....having the whole face cut up w/ skin hanging off and mandibles sawwed in half and doing the damn midsagittal split (cutting you w/ a saw down the center of your face all the way through) or the part where we cut the top of your scalp off...ugh.... wouldnt want that to be me...dead or not.

-JP

moondogg
07-19-2005, 07:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i know.

and i just realized your from philly, so ur kinda in my boat too.

FWIW, im from king of prussia. GO PHILLIES!!

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't suprise me at all. PA, and specifically Philly (and through Rendell, Philly now runs the state), love to tax any and everything. It makes no more sense than the obscene city wage tax or the organized crime they pass off as "unions". PA almost makes California look sane.

(I grew up in Valley Forge, work in KOP, and live in Phoenixville)

battschr
07-19-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm an organ donor, and it's free here. Anyone who is not an organ donor is a selfish ass.

Rushmore
07-19-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm an organ donor, and it's free here. Anyone who is not an organ donor is a selfish ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

Drew16
07-19-2005, 07:59 PM
They told me my organ was too big to donate

stabn
07-19-2005, 08:07 PM
I can't answer because there is no $1 fee in washington.

touchfaith
07-19-2005, 08:26 PM
I can't, mine are on E-Bay

jakethebake
07-19-2005, 08:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After dissection in Head and Neck anatomy last semester...I would certainly recommend NOT doing this....Man was that crazy....having the whole face cut up w/ skin hanging off and mandibles sawwed in half and doing the damn midsagittal split (cutting you w/ a saw down the center of your face all the way through) or the part where we cut the top of your scalp off...ugh.... wouldnt want that to be me...dead or not.-JP

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I care. If someone learns something from it, why not? Especially someone that might save other lives. There are actually lots of different body donation things with different uses. Some are the body farms like on CSI. Or medical testing, or schools. Some let you pick. I think it's a waste to do anything else really.

OtisTheMarsupial
07-19-2005, 08:32 PM
I am an organ doner.

No, I don't pay anything extra to be one.