PDA

View Full Version : making sure one bet goes in

alta_chuttes
07-19-2005, 03:29 PM
No read, just sat down. WA/WB spot so i just wanted to let him bluff/pay of AA/AK as cheaply as possible. Anyone look to raise the river when bet into on the flop. How about this river card, anybody do anything other than call?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.70 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7.70 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

ihardlyknowher
07-19-2005, 03:43 PM
Looks great. Don't raise the turn, he isn't calling you unless he has you beat. You may get a small /images/graemlins/heart.gif to fold, but his PF cap tells you he doesn't have small cards.

alta_chuttes
07-19-2005, 04:08 PM
So I take it you see no value in raising the river, either here or as a general plan form the flop. I think my flop plan had I held AK might have been to raise the river had he kept firing, but I think that is a bit much if he keeps firing here where I hold AQ.

irishpint
07-19-2005, 05:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So I take it you see no value in raising the river, either here or as a general plan form the flop. I think my flop plan had I held AK might have been to raise the river had he kept firing, but I think that is a bit much if he keeps firing here where I hold AQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

why would you raise the river? I dont think you're getting him to fold his AK or set of Aces on the river to a raise, even with 4 flush, since the pot is large enough. And you have no heart- you don't want to be 3bet (or called for that matter, since im like 90% sure you're behind).

ihardlyknowher
07-19-2005, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If a black Q falls on the river, I would raise.

deception5
07-19-2005, 05:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I dont think you're getting him to fold his AK

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is ahead of AK.

irishpint
07-19-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dont think you're getting him to fold his AK

[/ QUOTE ]

Hero is ahead of AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

whoops, i was thinking turn raise.

timprov
07-19-2005, 06:13 PM
I think intending to raise the river has merit, but obviously sometimes the cards aren't going to line up for that, and this is one of those times.

I'd likely raise the turn in order to put K/images/graemlins/heart.gifK or Q/images/graemlins/heart.gifQ to a decision and hopefully get a free showdown against AK.