PDA

View Full Version : question about low Sets, Party 25PLO

grouchie
07-19-2005, 01:49 PM
just a quick general question.
I was in the BB with Ad 8s 4s 4c and it limped so I check.

Flop comes out 9c 4d 2d

I am first to act and there is 1.60 in the pot (party 25PL).

Do I fireout a potsized bet right away?
Do I check and hope someone else bets?

I'm assuming I fire out right away to see where I stand with only middle set, but I really have no idea how to play these hands yet.

Still learning.

Rosie5
07-19-2005, 03:55 PM
bet the pot, fold to a reraise and fire the pot on every blank on proceeding streets. sometimes I fold and get shown top 2 but that's even better, knowing someone at the table is playing that bad in a 6-7 way pot

anyone with a better set will reraise you 100% of the time on a board with 2 connectors + 2 to the flush. Their hand is vulnerable and they also want to give you a chance to push

that's a dangerous board, you're almost guarenteed to get outdrawn if everyone who has a draw calls you, you really don't want to show down your hand but it's too strong to just fold. I'd like to see what other 2+2'ers have to say

There's so few cards that won't screw you bad. one guy with a wheel wrap, and a guy with a flush draw + top 2 and you're already hurtin. All you really want to see on the turn is paint or a deuce

Just don't get married to your hand and you'll be fine. If you can get this down to 2 or 3 handed you're in great shape, but I've been in some games where this hand is just a recipe for disaster because you're getting 5-6 callers

the big blind in this game is pretttty gay.

PorscheNGuns
07-20-2005, 12:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
bet the pot, fold to a *raise and fire the pot on every blank on proceeding streets. sometimes I fold and get shown top 2 but that's even better, knowing someone at the table is playing that badin a 6-7 way pot

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. 25 PLO play is very straight forward. The only hand that beats you will raise you on the flop, all others will chase down with or without the right pot odds.

My only hesitation is that not only is it not top set, its 4's, meaning any card that comes down at this point has a shot at beating you, which is far more likely if there are more than 1 or 2 callers.

-Matt