PDA

View Full Version : Lingo clarification- "two way check"???

flair1239
07-19-2005, 01:47 PM
Anyone help me out with this. Have heard the term a few times the last couple months. Don't know what it means.

W. Deranged
07-19-2005, 01:51 PM
I throw this term around a lot and I have no idea if it is at all standard. So I may be partially at fault for the confusion.

But I'll make amends:

Two-way check: To check a medium-strong hand from early position on the flop, particularly in early position, without committing to further action. Generally the play is to:

Fold if it's a bet and a raise back to you.

Raise if a late position bettor bets.

Play poker if an early position player bets and there are several callers (this is the hard one).

Examples would include top pair, weak kicker hands, certain middle pair hands, pocket pairs beating middle pair, etc...

flair1239
07-19-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I throw this term around a lot and I have no idea if it is at all standard. So I may be partially at fault for the confusion.

But I'll make amends:

Two-way check: To check a medium-strong hand from early position on the flop, particularly in early position, without committing to further action. Generally the play is to:

Fold if it's a bet and a raise back to you.

Raise if a late position bettor bets.

Play poker if an early position player bets and there are several callers (this is the hard one).

Examples would include top pair, weak kicker hands, certain middle pair hands, pocket pairs beating middle pair, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm... I have always refered to this as my "WTF do I do now check." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you.

DMBFan23
07-19-2005, 01:55 PM
I call it the 'check-and-see'

but yeah

shant
07-19-2005, 01:57 PM
Oh OK. When I do this, I call it a "check."

W. Deranged
07-19-2005, 02:00 PM
That has a certain understated grace to it...