PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Dropped Connection Problem at Party/IGM - SOLVED

Luv2DriveTT
07-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Email this morning from Eurobet:

Thank you for your reply.

Our Software Supplier has detected a minor error that could have caused the disconnections from the tables, however they have advised that this has settled down now and you should not experience any further difficulty.

Should the problem persist please do not hesitate to get back in contact.

Kind regards
Eurobet Poker Team

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

mdeck
07-19-2005, 01:14 PM
[censored] FINALLY. God that was annoying...

Thanks for the update TT.

ryanghall
07-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Don't be so sure yet.

I got almost the same email from Empire the other day and nothing changed.

Ryan

BigF
07-19-2005, 03:05 PM
"minor error"? IMHO, this is a major fuckup and I bet you Party has been losing a ton of rake because of it.

JoePro
07-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Was still getting disconnected from certain tables @ 5pm.
I guess they should've left their servers in Kahnawake.

Eratosthenes
07-19-2005, 05:57 PM
I just played 4 tables for an hour (on Empire) starting at 5:00 PM ET and saw the dreaded "searching for connection" popup twice. Maybe better, but not fixed.

MasterShakes
07-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Nope, not fixed. Thanks for letting me know that they're at least responding to somebody's emails, though it's not me.

real843
07-19-2005, 06:31 PM
I'm still having issues with the one table disconnect too...

mosuavea
07-19-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm still having issues with the one table disconnect too...

[/ QUOTE ]

jrbick
07-19-2005, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Email this morning from Eurobet:

Thank you for your reply.

Our Software Supplier has detected a minor error that could have caused the disconnections from the tables, however they have advised that this has settled down now and you should not experience any further difficulty.

Should the problem persist please do not hesitate to get back in contact.

Kind regards
Eurobet Poker Team

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ALL of my tables at both Euro and Empire have disconnected every 5 mins or so tonight. I quit. Eff Party.

MasterShakes
07-19-2005, 08:03 PM
I actually called Party just a few minutes ago. They acknowledge that lots of people are having problems, but at the same time, they are unwilling to admit responsibility for the problem. They give me the same BS as usual, "disconnections can and will occur..." blah blah blah. In one sentence, they acknowledge that it is a widespread problem, and in the next, they tell me to get in touch with my ISP.

They can't let this go on very long. Casual and professional players alike will take their business elsewhere (namely, Stars).

MasterShakes
07-19-2005, 08:04 PM
One more thing and then I'm done... I'm very surprised that this isn't a bigger issue on this forum right now. It seems like it should be the only thing to talk about, given how many here play on party.

peregrine
07-19-2005, 08:07 PM
Still an issue for me. I'm trying to play off the Empire bonus and have had disconnect problems.

KeysrSoze
07-19-2005, 08:11 PM
Ditto. 4 tabled, 1 would constantly lose connection with 2-8 players every few minutes.

I'm just mad that my 40BB pot I won yesterday wasn't recorded in PT (and I cant find the hand number) because of a disconnect in the middle of the hand. Now if it folded me, there'd be hell to pay /images/graemlins/mad.gif

ActionBob
07-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Well, I'm about to find out about hell to pay as it did happen to me where it cost me a pot. I'm waiting for a response from support now, but the situation was I flopped a set in the 30-60 game, we were getting all kinds of bets in on the turn, then suddently the "establishing connection" message comes up. So I wait (as I've done hundreds of times over the last week or so) and it finally does reconnect but instead of having time to act it says I have ONE second to act then it folds me. Simply ridiculous.

-ActionBob

malo
07-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Another ditto. Played alright for about 45 min. then the delay/disconnects started.

This began for me on Saturday....have played every day and encountered the same problem each one. That is four days running for this problem at least.

Does that seem right, or did it start even earlier?

Their rather cavalier attitude about this is amazing.

MasterShakes
07-19-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Their rather cavalier attitude about this is amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amazing, yes. Not surprising though, given their history of nearly complete ineptitude.

sexdrugsmoney
07-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Tried playing some Stud yesterday and went through two DP's inside of 20 minutes, it was a complete jopke.

Won't play there until the issue is resolved, unfortunately. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sixth_Rule
07-19-2005, 10:00 PM
is anyone elses tables just closing after the message establishing connection message is there for like 2 seconds.
i have to find the tables # i was at and hurry and rejoin it. somtimes the hand i had was still live and the last time i was actually able to rejoin the table everyone at my table was sitting out even no one was before the table crashed

Losing all
07-19-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One more thing and then I'm done... I'm very surprised that this isn't a bigger issue on this forum right now. It seems like it should be the only thing to talk about, given how many here play on party.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I haven't played a party hand since friday, and I wont until I hear this is fixed.

BottlesOf
07-19-2005, 10:52 PM
still fcked up. fix it again tt.

mb2696
07-19-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
still fcked up. fix it again tt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely still messed up. At one point, 7 of the 10 people at my table were disconnected. Its unbelieveable that party wont admit responsibility for this.

OrianasDaad
07-19-2005, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its unbelieveable that people aren't willing to accept something that they cannot change, and then rant like they are God's gift to Party Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

OrianasDaad
07-19-2005, 11:18 PM
Mabye this is Party's way of discouraging multi-tabling TAG players?

jman220
07-19-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I was 1-tabling because I wanted to work on improving my limit game, adn that was disconnecting to, but just to make sure, i would pop open another table to see if it was just that one table, and sure enough, i could open another table no problem. Believe me, this is hurting the fish just as much as the multi-tabling TAGs. And for all you who say we should just "accept it" because we can't change it, bull, if enough people email and complain, and they realize it may actually affect their bottom dollar, they'll pull their thumbs out of their asses and do something about it.

mbraudel
07-19-2005, 11:47 PM
It's still happening as of 8:45 pm PST on Tuesday night.

Any emails they're sending out claiming that the problem is fixed, are incorrect.

iluzion
07-19-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's still happening as of 8:45 pm PST on Tuesday night.

Any emails they're sending out claiming that the problem is fixed, are incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just happened to me at 11:54PM Tuesday.

StellarWind
07-20-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You are exactly right /images/graemlins/crazy.gif. I've seen a lot of single-tabling big fish leave tables tonight after being disconnected by this bug. As a multitabling TAG I find that very discouraging.

The pros are the last players who will leave because of this. People playing for fun instead of income have little motive to put up with this.

Also consider that loose players who are in every pot will be the first to lose their DP. Then what can they do?

Petomane
07-20-2005, 12:09 AM
They're lying. I just played and it was really annoying. If this persists for a few more days, I don't think Party has much of a future. Do their shareholders know about this?

mb2696
07-20-2005, 12:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its unbelieveable that people aren't willing to accept something that they cannot change, and then rant like they are God's gift to Party Poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]

How am I acting like God's gift to party? I'm not acting like I'm some sort of special customer. I'm complaining about something that is interfering with ALL players right now.

If everyone accepts it and doesn't complain, party will never fix it...

thanks for you worthless contribution to this thread.

OrianasDaad
07-20-2005, 12:34 AM
Not you in particular.

My (valid, but hidden) point is that Party isn't going to point to this thread on these forums and go "Oh my good golly! We need to fix this."

It'll be fixed when it's fixed.

mb2696
07-20-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not you in particular.

My (valid, but hidden) point is that Party isn't going to point to this thread on these forums and go "Oh my good golly! We need to fix this."

It'll be fixed when it's fixed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't expect them to look here either. I was merely sharing my thoughts.

PokerAce
07-20-2005, 12:44 AM
(crosspost from other thread)

Maybe my experience is unique, but I'm not having any problems at all.

Over the past week or two, I experienced a total of 3 tables disconnecting on me.

I played for four hours earlier this afternoon with no disconnects, and an hour so far tonight with no disconnects.

Maybe this isn't purely Party's fault?

jman220
07-20-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(crosspost from other thread)

Maybe my experience is unique, but I'm not having any problems at all.

Over the past week or two, I experienced a total of 3 tables disconnecting on me.

I played for four hours earlier this afternoon with no disconnects, and an hour so far tonight with no disconnects.

Maybe this isn't purely Party's fault?

[/ QUOTE ]

What country/ geographical area are you in?

NoChance
07-20-2005, 10:02 AM
I think one (or a few) of their servers are messed up. The past couple days I am also getting disconnects on one table only (playing two). When this happens, I close the "problem" table and find another. After the switch in tables I no longer get disconnects.

amulet
07-20-2005, 10:33 AM
I am losing tables constantly. It is getting absurd. They keep saying it is not their problem, and probably my isp. However;
1. it is not happening to me at other poker sites.
2. from the table chat, and the postings on so many poker web sites, it is clear that thousands of people are effected all over the world.

You would this they could realize that they need to act. Absurd and amazing.

fyodor
07-20-2005, 11:07 AM
Sent this and then took a shower:

---------------------------
Hello:

I am sure you have been made aware of the recent disconnect problems at Party and skins but I just want to add my name to the list of complainers. Typically I will be playing 3 tables and lose the connection at only one of them. Generally half the players at that table lose their connection at the same time but the other tables are fine.

It is NOT just me and it is NOT my internet connection so don't even go there.

Here are a couple threads about the problem in the 2+2 forums. Link One Link Two

So far I have not been booted from any pots in which I had a large interest. Hopefully the problem gets resolved before I do.

Thank you for the attention.
----------------------------------

Came back from the shower and there was already a response from Empire:

------------------------------
Dear Moran,

Further to your email, for the time being we suggest you not to play on the multiple tables. Also please uninstall and reinstall the software in the C:drive.

To uninstall the software:

1. Click Start, point to Settings, click on Control Panel, and then double-click on the Add/Remove Programs.
2. Select EmpirePoker, and then click on Change/Remove button to completely remove the software from your system.

To reinstall the software

1. Go to our website, click on "Click here to download and play now" to download the software.
2. Save the setup file to the desktop.
3. Double-click on the saved setup file to start the installation procedure.
4. Change the default installation directory from "C:\Program Files\EmpirePoker.com" to "C:\EmpirePoker.com".

Please note:
Before you uninstall the software make sure you save "Player Notes" onto a separate word file so that they can be retained. If you do not do so, all the notes you made through "Add Player Notes" option will get lost.

Once you have reinstalled the software again please follow the below mentioned procedure to add the Player Notes:

1) Close all the Windows.
2) Right click on the "EmpirePoker.com" icon on the desktop.
3) Click on "Properties"
4) Click on the "Find Target" button
5) Right click on the "Notes" file and click on "Copy". Close all the windows.
6) Right Click on the Desktop and click on "Paste"
7) Once EmpirePoker.com is reinstalled, restore this file in the EmpirePoker.com folder.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Our Customer Care Department is available 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Vandanasingh
Poker Customer Care
---------------------------------

So that's it. Everyone just has to uninstall the software and then reinstall it. But don't forget to backup your notes. I know it's at the top of my todo list. And don't forget - C:\EmpirePoker.com - otherwise the whole process is useless. Oh, and make sure you capitalize the "P" in EmpirePoker.

CORed
07-20-2005, 11:48 AM
I had no disconnects last night. The night before, for awhile I was having two tables disconnect simultaneously. This would tend to support the notion that it is a problem with one or more of their servers. Apparently I was just unlucky enough to pick two tables on the same screwed up server.

(Dons tinfoil hat) Maybe this is related to their IPO. Perhaps someone has shorted their stock and is DOSing one of their servers.(Removes tinfoil hat)

OTOH, maybe it's just Dikshit programming.

xLukex
07-20-2005, 12:38 PM
So wait, it's a software problem and NOT a server problem?

The software makes it lose a connection and close a table?

That is weird.

Davey
07-20-2005, 02:04 PM
Heres the email that i got from empire. they didnt answer last night so i resent it and they got back pretty quick.

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do understand your concern regarding the frequent disconnection at your end. Please note that
there is no technical difficulty from our end.

To explain to you in full details let us start from the basic level of how tables connect from the
Players Internet Service Provider (ISP) to our Game Servers. Every time you connect to the main
lobby it is through a network of servers on the Internet. These network connections or routes or
paths are decided by your ISP. When you connect to the tables, each table is again connected to our
Game Servers through individual sets of network connections on the Internet.
Each of these network connections has multiple intermediate servers on the network. Each of these
servers is handling not only your connection, but also various other connections on the Internet
that happen to take a route on which the server lies. This puts a lot of load on these intermediate
servers. Some of the servers can handle a lot of load and are very stable but some of them are
not. If it is a weak server, then it will randomly select a connection passing through it and
disconnect the subscriber. This is why Players face a sudden disconnection on a table even though they
are still able to browse through the Internet or even play on another table.

I fully understand that it is not a problem from your end. However, if there is a weak server on
the network connection, that your ISP has chosen to connect to our Game Servers, then it is quite
possible that you might get disconnected from a table.

I hope the above explanation was up to your satisfaction.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent
us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call
from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Anand
Poker Customer Care

doesnt really sound like they are going to fix anything. im not ok with that either. they wont get any of my business until this is fixed. disconnecting on just one table every 5 minutes is not something i want to deal with.

colgin
07-20-2005, 03:08 PM
For some unknown reason, I have not had a single problem with Party, but this disconnect problem happens repeatedly to me on Empire.

Sniper
07-20-2005, 03:18 PM
You can always do a "traceroute" on your connection to determine which server in the chain may be causing a problem.

Help - Network Status - Trace (from within the Party software)

NoChance
07-20-2005, 03:41 PM
You would think if a server was having problems, Party would look into it and press the issue to get it resolved rather than say it's not their problem and ignore it. This is the type of thing that WILL cause them to lose business. No site is as large as theirs is but there are a couple that are approaching the numbers they were at early last year and would be just fine for most players if they were to move sites.

jman220
07-20-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You would think if a server was having problems, Party would look into it and press the issue to get it resolved rather than say it's not their problem and ignore it. This is the type of thing that WILL cause them to lose business. No site is as large as theirs is but there are a couple that are approaching the numbers they were at early last year and would be just fine for most players if they were to move sites.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way. Maybe this will finally be the catalyst to move the fish off of party and onto better sites that actually care about things like customer service.

NoChance
07-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Yes. I'm just saying Party isn't nearly as far ashead of the rest as they once were. It wasn't long ago we were all amazed that 30,000 people were playing at peak times and trying to guess when they would reach 50,000. Other sites are there now.

Let's just say Party is telling the truth and it isn't a problem on their end (hey, it's possible). It's a problem along the route. For them to ignore THAT problem and not press that particular place to fix the problem is also wrong.

I played a multiplayer game called T4C for five years. The same thing happened. We reported time-out issues and they insisted nothing was wrong on their end. They did however find that it was a problem along the route and contacted them to put pressure on them to get their act together. They also contacted us as users and told us what the problem was, rather than deny a problem existed. That is all I am saying Party needs to do if in fact this is what is going on.

We were all happy playing at Party when there were 30,000 people playing each night. There are others that now provide this. Making a switch is much easier to do now that it was 18 months ago. Party no longer has the stronghold it once had and better realize it.

That's probably a better way of saying what I tried to say earlier.

$0.02

RyGreen18
07-20-2005, 04:35 PM
it this was a problem w/ my ISP, then why are 5-6 people on these tables that are giving me problems getting disconnected? party sucks, but i must stay for my rakeback/fish/HuD

Sniper
07-20-2005, 04:44 PM
Party has no control over the internet backbone over which traffic flows.

Cartridge
07-20-2005, 04:52 PM
in my experience with 6max tables, it happens to every single person on the table. yet my other tables at the same time are working without any issue. so i doubt it is the internet if it affects 6/6 ppl on the table.

sammy_g
07-20-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Right, but I don't buy that it's just a "weak" server somewhere along the route. Why are people from geographically disparate locations seeing the problem? Why does the problem happen consistently on certain tables while others are fine? Why when I am finally reconnected is half the table sitting out?

Synergistic Explosions
07-20-2005, 05:29 PM
Damn. I was going to play off my last 500 hands needed for bonus at Empire and I can't do it. No matter how many different tables I change to after having problems at an earlier one, they all seem to disconnect frequently. If I do enter a pot theres a 50/50 chance I will not be around to finish it.

It's just not playable right now. Even in the MTT's I've been playing on Party, same problem at times.

Hopefully I can clear this bonus down the road if they fix their problems. I hope.

My 'network status' has always been between 96%-100%.

NoChance
07-20-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They have no direct control. But if I we in charge, I wouldn't be ignoring the problem. I would find out where in the "backbone" the problem was occuring and make sure they knew they were affecting my business. There has to be some way they can put pressure on them. And if this is the case, they should at least acknowledge that there is a problem and inform their users of it and that they are trying to help get it resolved. Make people believe it is their own fault and they will leave. You can only put up with that crap for so long. You can't run a sucessful business ignoring these types of problems.

bobbyi
07-20-2005, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does PokerStars control the backbone? Or is it Paradise who runs it? If not, why are these sites able to keep their games running without constant connection problems while Party is not? And if it just general internet problems, why did this not start happening at Party until recently?

BreakEvenPlayer
07-20-2005, 07:32 PM
This is getting VERY frustrating.

BIGRED
07-20-2005, 07:40 PM
I wish I saw this thread before getting on just now and buying into 6 55 sngs. Now I can't get back to any of them and those lucky enough to have stayed on are eating my blinds away. WTF... /images/graemlins/mad.gif

poker-penguin
07-20-2005, 07:55 PM
The sky is falling!

DikShip's reign of terror is over!

If only a Poker stars player had won the WSOP.

Seriously, how the hell does party stay on top of the business with the crap that they pass off for software and customer service?

KingOtter
07-20-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Heres the email that i got from empire. they didnt answer last night so i resent it and they got back pretty quick.

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting us.

We do understand your concern regarding the frequent disconnection at your end. Please note that
there is no technical difficulty from our end.

To explain to you in full details let us start from the basic level of how tables connect from the
Players Internet Service Provider (ISP) to our Game Servers. Every time you connect to the main
lobby it is through a network of servers on the Internet. These network connections or routes or
paths are decided by your ISP. When you connect to the tables, each table is again connected to our
Game Servers through individual sets of network connections on the Internet.
Each of these network connections has multiple intermediate servers on the network. Each of these
servers is handling not only your connection, but also various other connections on the Internet
that happen to take a route on which the server lies. This puts a lot of load on these intermediate
servers. Some of the servers can handle a lot of load and are very stable but some of them are
not. If it is a weak server, then it will randomly select a connection passing through it and
disconnect the subscriber. This is why Players face a sudden disconnection on a table even though they
are still able to browse through the Internet or even play on another table.

I fully understand that it is not a problem from your end. However, if there is a weak server on
the network connection, that your ISP has chosen to connect to our Game Servers, then it is quite
possible that you might get disconnected from a table.

I hope the above explanation was up to your satisfaction.

Note: Please do not disclose your password to any individual/organization claiming to represent
us. We will never ask you for the password to your account. If you receive any email or phone call
from anyone requesting you to provide your password please report it to us immediately.

Anand
Poker Customer Care

doesnt really sound like they are going to fix anything. im not ok with that either. they wont get any of my business until this is fixed. disconnecting on just one table every 5 minutes is not something i want to deal with.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so wrong it just isn't funny. Here was my response to a similar e-mail (in which they forgot to replace my name with the one used in the form letter):

[ QUOTE ]

First of all, what you reference as 'servers' are actually called 'routers'.
Servers are destinations. They SERVE content. Hence, they're called
servers. Routers are intermediaries. They ROUTE traffic, which seems to be
the role you are explaining. I happen to be a network engineer, so I
understand pretty much how this stuff works.

Second, does this mean that you have groups of poker servers (our ultimate
destination) in different locations, and that different tables are handled
by different servers? Don't you think that perhaps when people complain
that one table is affected and not another, that might point to an issue
with a particular group of tables? Usually when I have the issue at one
table I continue to have it with that table while I continue playing there.

Third, don't you think that when a LOT of people complain about something at
the same time (I also frequent a poker forum, and the problems have been
noticed by just about everybody, not just me, see
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2876211&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=2#Post2907797
for an example), that maybe, just maybe you should take a look at those
servers that people are reporting having issues with? Especially people
that have *never* had this issue before? It is extremely noticeable, and I
see the message 'Xxxxplayer has been disconnected' much more frequently
lately.

Fourth, have you/Party/whomever done ANY research to find out whether people
are being disconnected more or less than usual? And if the results of this
research are pointing to MORE than usual (which is the case), researched
why?

Fifth, considered why this issue has come to the forefront after a new
software update has been released, to see if something in the new software
may be making the software LESS tolerant to network delays than in the past?

In other words... have you done anything except e-mail form letters to
people saying it is their ISP's problem, and push it off on others?

I look forward to your reply, and forgive you for calling me Paul. I guess
the cut-and-paster forgot to go back and replace the name.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: I never got a response to this one, btw.

Tk79
07-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Ive decided that party skins are unplayable in this condition. Guess Ill take a vacation until they un F this.

J-Lo
07-20-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Does PokerStars control the backbone? Or is it Paradise who runs it? If not, why are these sites able to keep their games running without constant connection problems while Party is not? And if it just general internet problems, why did this not start happening at Party until recently?

[/ QUOTE ]

actually this happened to me once in a while (read: once every other month, i play 100 hours/month) at pokerstars and they gave me the same response... they can't control it, and if they were to refund my money, then they'd be losing alot... yada yada yada.....

jrbick
07-20-2005, 08:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will not be returning to play on the PartyGaming network until some sort of "courtesy" email or phone call is made in regards to the current disconnection problems. PLEASE do not turn around and say "it's not on our end; check w/ your ISP provider" because this is a WIDESPREAD problem that has effected MANY of your players. I as well as others want to have a sense of security at the poker site(s) we play at and communicating with us as is ESSENTIAL in providing security for your players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need more of these types of emails. It's total BS that they haven't communicated with us. I'm done with it until further clarification from THEIR end. Hopefully my money isn't lost in outer space for more than a day amidst all of this (I withdrew EVERYTHING from all accounts). Maybe we should tell them that we're playing at Stars in the until they shape up?

Sure, all the fish are there, but they won't be if this crap keeps up. Remember, we are customers: no customer, no business. PokerStars has just as much press as Party does (if not more since they made up 10% of WSOP and two of their qualifiers finished top 9).

KingOtter
07-21-2005, 08:39 AM
I've got good news and bad news.

The good news.... in an EXTREMELY surprising move... Party Poker just called me to ask about the disconnection problem.

I pointed him to this thread, and to the Oriana's Dad thread listing the table numbers with the issues. Unfortunately I've been playing on the skins more lately so I couldn't direct him to my specific tables where I had the issue.

But they ARE researching it.

That bad news is, of course, this means they have no idea what is causing it yet.

KO

Davey
07-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Empire finally answered my emails from before all that stuff went on yesterday. I used the same email but got 3 different responses(already posted the first one) They're getting somewhat better. Here they are

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting customer support.

Due to technical difficulties, we have experienced partial interruption in some of the services provided on our sites. We apologize for the inconvenience you may have faced while playing at our site.

Please be rest assured that we are working towards improving all aspects of our site and are confident we will provide you with the best gaming experience as we have done in the past.

If you have any more concerns or suggestions please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

Suku
Empire Poker
VIP Players Club
Customer Support Team
www.ep.com (http://www.ep.com)

and

Dear David,

We would like to inform you that we faced some technical difficulties and hence you encountered
the problem. We offer you our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience you were put to, while
playing at our tables for a short period of time. It is possible that you were not able to connect
to our site. The money will be credited back to your account in the next six hours, and the refunds
will be done according to the standard disconnection and refund policy.

To check the balance of your account, please click on 'My Account' and then on 'Go to My Account
(website)'. Please scroll down to find 'View your account activity'. You can view your account
activity information for 30 days prior to your last log in time. You can view this data for a week at
a time.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused and sincerely apologize for the trouble caused;
your cooperation in this regard would be appreciated.

Have a great time ahead!

Regards,

Shilpa G.
Poker Customer Care

You would think that the VIP department would give a better explanation than the regular info @empire would. At least they are accepting the blame instead of saying that something is worong on my end.