PDA

View Full Version : Killing a non-P'tracker site vs. switching sites to record your stats

imported_metrognome7
07-19-2005, 12:53 PM
Need a few informed opinions to help in my decision:

I'm currently playing the low/micro NL tables on a certain site to a pretty nice return - usually 10-25 BBs/100 hands. I've also maintained a steady ROI of around 50% w/ an ITM of 75% on the lowest-level SnG's. I enjoy the software there, the customer service is prompt and courteous, and my bonuses are starting to kick in; however...

This site doesn't support PokerTracker.

I would REALLY like to begin putting together a comprehensive statistical analysis of my play so that I can take that next step up, and in order to do that it looks like I'm going to have to DL PokerTracker and switch to a different site.

My question is this:
In my situation would you continue playnig primarily where I am now and not worry about PokerTracker, or would you switch your primary action to Party/Stars in order to start tracking?

Thanks in advance,
Adam

TheHammer24
07-19-2005, 12:59 PM
Well, PT is priceless, however, it seems that you are playing at such a low level that analysis might not be necessary. Do what you want. BTW, Party does not have limits lower that .50/1

imported_metrognome7
07-19-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, PT is priceless, however, it seems that you are playing at such a low level that analysis might not be necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I want, though, to begin climbing up the ladder to the point where stats do matter, it's just a question of how early I need to make the investment.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Party does not have limits lower that .50/1

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now I'm playing .25/.50 to the previously mentioned stats and have been considering jumping up anyway, so this wouldn't be too much of a problem. Thanks for the heads-up though!

Adam

Art Vandelay
07-19-2005, 01:07 PM
Do what you like I just want to say that's a sweet icon you have there.

playersare
07-19-2005, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Party does not have limits lower that .50/1

[/ QUOTE ]
the OP is playing micro NL. blinds at the Party $25 tables are 10c/25c.

MaxPowerPoker
07-19-2005, 01:17 PM
This thread at the PokerTracker forum just might be relevant.

Just a hunch. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6469

imported_metrognome7
07-19-2005, 01:20 PM
B*tchin'. Thanks Max.

TheNoodleMan
07-19-2005, 01:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm currently playing the low/micro NL tables on a certain site to a pretty nice return - usually 10-25 BBs/100 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
something tells me that when he gets some PT compatability that these numbers will turn out to be a gross overestimation.

krimson
07-19-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm currently playing the low/micro NL tables on a certain site to a pretty nice return - usually 10-25 BBs/100 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
something tells me that when he gets some PT compatability that these numbers will turn out to be a gross overestimation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, he also claims to have a 50% ROI on s/n/g's. If only this were possible.

imported_metrognome7
07-19-2005, 02:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The BB rate may be an overestimation, yes, but if it is it's not too far off - typically if I buy in for $25 at a .10/.25 I leave with at least $30 after one hour. An occasional downswing accounts for placing the bottom end of the BB rate at 10per100.

[ QUOTE ]

Yep, he also claims to have a 50% ROI on s/n/g's. If only this were possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
As for my SnG ROI... perhaps I'm miscalculating, but isn't ROI calculated as (Winnings - EntryFees)/EntryFees? If that's the case, then for yesterday alone my ROI was approximately 45%:
($81-$33)/$33 = 1.45, an ROI of 45% correct?

Yes, then, in my original post I overstated my ROI, though given a little numbers crunching for the past few weeks I'd be confident in saying it is a solid 35-40%. If I am miscalculating I'd greatly appreciate a quick tutorial on the proper calculations.

TheNoodleMan
07-19-2005, 04:14 PM
both your BB/100 and your SNG ROI are totally unsustainable.
those numbers are the likely result of one of the three following possabilites:
1) You have miscalculated.
2) you have an insufficiant sample size.
3) You are the greatest poker player in the world, and are so much better than anyone who has ever posted on this forum that your numbers make us assume they are wrong.

In all seriousness, one of these options is the probable answer, and one of them seems far less likely than the others.
If you would like a quick lesson in humility, go over the SNG forum and post your ROI, you will be flamed to no end.
Personally, I think your SNG ROI is probably due to small sample size, and your BB/10o is probably just a guestamate on your part that is way off on the high side.

wayabvpar
07-19-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This thread at the PokerTracker forum just might be relevant.

Just a hunch. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6469

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool! I have wanted to check out Full Tilt- if/when PT supports it, I will whore it up for a look.

imported_metrognome7
07-19-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
both your BB/100 and your SNG ROI are totally unsustainable.
those numbers are the likely result of one of the three following possabilites:
1) You have miscalculated.
2) you have an insufficiant sample size.

One of these options is the probable answer.

Personally, I think your SNG ROI is probably due to small sample size, and your BB/100 is probably just a guestamate on your part that is way off on the high side.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. Thank you for your input.
...crawls back into his lurker hole after a well-deserved beating with the humility stick; will return after 25,000 hands.

Guthrie
07-19-2005, 05:07 PM
Hire an Indian to mirror your computer, record all your actions, and send you a report each day. You could easily pay him more than Party does.