PDA

View Full Version : I have a new boss, and I think I'm on thin ice

shakingspear
07-19-2005, 11:00 AM
So the new boss started yesterday, and we all had to have breakfast with him so we could get to meet him. He tells us about his background and how his last job was at a drug company that produced a cancer drug. That is until they found out the drug made the cancer worse. I cracked up after hearing this. No one else thought it was funny, particularly the new boss, who just kind of stared at me as I laughed.

Later I had a one on one meeting with the new guy, and he asked me what my goals in the company were. My brilliant reply: "I don't know."

So, how long before I'm let go?

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-19-2005, 11:08 AM
They'll probably have the glitch fixed by Friday.

chaas4747
07-19-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So the new boss started yesterday, and we all had to have breakfast with him so we could get to meet him. He tells us about his background and how his last job was at a drug company that produced a cancer drug. That is until they found out the drug made the cancer worse. I cracked up after hearing this. No one else thought it was funny, particularly the new boss, who just kind of stared at me as I laughed.

Later I had a one on one meeting with the new guy, and he asked me what my goals in the company were. My brilliant reply: "I don't know."

[/ QUOTE ]

A better question might be, how have you kept you job this long?

BeerMoney
07-19-2005, 11:14 AM
We have a lot in common. I have a knack for saying the wrong things.

gulebjorn
07-19-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of depends on what your job is, doesn't it.

If you are cleaning the toilets, having no goals in the company is probably considered highly positive.

If you are PR, and you crack up listening to a story about cancer and how to make it worse, I'd say you should think about taking a cardboard box to work on friday.

Jezebel
07-19-2005, 11:34 AM
Well just a second there, professor. We uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.

Deuce2High
07-19-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well just a second there, professor. We uh, we fixed the *glitch*. So he won't be receiving a paycheck anymore, so it will just work itself out naturally.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he can transfer to Initrobe. I hear they have good health plans.

jakethebake
07-19-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he can transfer to Initrobe. I hear they have good health plans.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be nice to have that kind of job security.

xLukex
07-19-2005, 12:33 PM
YOU'RE ON THIN ICE, THIN ICE, THIN ICEEEEEEEE!!!!

YOU'RE ON THIN ICE, THIN ICE, THIN ICEEEEEEEE!!!!

WATCH ITTTT

IT'S GONNA [censored] BREAK! BREAK!

Justice r00lz.