PDA

View Full Version : Card Dead on the Bubble

bluewilde
07-19-2005, 09:22 AM
All right, considered playing 4 hands this game: AJ, AJs, 44, 66. Actually only managed to see a flop on 66.

So now I'm getting desperate and the raiser has been making these 3.5BB steal bets (or he's making 3.5BB value bets and has had amazing cards every hand since the blinds went up). Is KQ a good time to make a stand? Or can I wait a little longer? So yeah, figured I was behind but not by much, is that enough reason to push back, or do I want to wait another round?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

BB (t1250)
UTG (t805)
MP (t2965)
CO (t630)
Button (t1680)
Hero (t670)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to t350</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero is all-in (670) MP calls t320.

Flop: (t820) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t820) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t820) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t820

pergesu
07-19-2005, 09:25 AM
Um there is no chance you don't get called. None. I would bust out an ill stop-n-go. Don't listen to what the others say, it's not overused. Bones has perfected it, and I'm learning from the master. You will pwn with the stop-n-go. The key is to pause a while, determining how much you should bet on your flopped monster.

edit: btw no need to post his call or the board. Just end it when your final action is complete. Doesn't let people be results-oriented. It's fun when you post a hand that won and people say "Don't bitch just cause you got sucked out on." Then you're like, "I won, batch. ship it. pwnt."

bluewilde
07-19-2005, 09:30 AM
Hmmm...I'll be betting about half the pot; that seems likely to be called. But I guess the shortness of my stack should urge me even more to make this play rather than make me timid/afraid of a call? In general, with my stack and position (first to act), KQ is good enough? What are some quidelines I should think about for stop-and-gos?

pergesu
07-19-2005, 09:35 AM
First, you'd be hugely surprised what people will fold to if they miss. ace-high flops are kinda sucky, but if they happen and you bust, they happen and you bust. The idea is that you push regardless of how ugly the flop is.

Likely to get called on the flop is 1092348701x better than 100% chance of getting called preflop. This is a nice pot, you'd like to just take it down. Plus if you push, he's getting better than 3-1 to call, which is correct even if he's dominated.

I pull a stop-n-go when I'm feel like I need to be pushing due to blinds, my preflop call leaves me with enough chips to put pressure on the flop (1/4 of the pot, or sometimes less even, is, amazingly enough, enough to apply sufficient pressure), my hand is too good to fold given my stack size, and I have little to no FE by pushing preflop.

Fossilman went over it in the last post of his "thanks for all your support thread." He says it gets called really often...that hasn't been my experience. ymmv