PDA

View Full Version : Having wierd problems with my PC after installing crap programs

Morpheus
07-19-2005, 04:20 AM
Hi. On the last day of the ME of WSOP, I installed all kinds of crap on my PC. Now my PC is acting funny. I close down apps and they don't shut down completely and are still open when I look at Task Manager so when I go to open the app again , it tells me that a user is already using it. This has happened with two apps so far. Firefox and IE. While I was on one of the poker sites, (gutshot.com), I was trying to install the new Java and all of a sudden one of the security certificates came up and it asked me if I wanted to install Macromedia Flash 7 but I had no idea why it was asking me this but I said "yes" and it said "system settings have been changed" please restart PC. I was like "oh crap" . I think this was the problem. Should I do a system restore to day before WSOP ? I think I can. What day was the last day of the ME ? Was it Fri or Sat ?

MrTrik
07-19-2005, 06:56 AM
First I'd grab Spybot and Adaware and run them. They're free and will eliminate anything you might have picked up that you didn't want. I have never had problems with Flash versions, but YMMV. If all else fails I'd then consider a restore. Scanning for spyware, ad-crap, and viruses is something you should be doing anyway, so if you aren't, I'd get that going first.

smoore
07-20-2005, 01:13 AM
U R FuQ'd.

Try system restore to a couple days before the problems. When that doesn't work, FFR.

thatguy11
07-20-2005, 08:47 AM
The flash software only asked to be installed because either the site you were going to used flash or some adware probably a popup used flash. Flash doesn't normally give me problems its the other stuff but you might be able to uninstall it through add/remove programs. I just never install it and do without the flash graphics. If a system restore is easy and unlikely you will lose anything do it, but there is probably a way to remove problems with ad-aware, spybot, and uninstallign programs, but remember to get everything off the machine by editng the registry and manually deleting out of folders like program files afte the uninstall.