PDA

View Full Version : I need new poker friends... (Purdue)

KKbluff
07-19-2005, 03:59 AM
This is my last 2 weeks as a Purdue student and I have yet to meet a high caliber poker player in the area.

Im not sure if this is the right forum to vent my frustrations, but if it is,are there any 2+2er in the west lafayette area willing to talk to me / enchange info so we can talk?
All the people I can find to talk about poker are losing players (or the few who brag about how they win, but have no real idea how or why they win or why the make the plays they do) and I cant even hold a solid poker talk conversation with them...

SOO FRUSTRATING

Any 2+2ers from the Purdue area PM me, or anyone who knows how to find good players in my area PLEASE show me how.
thank you to everyone who responds.

Biggenx
07-19-2005, 04:44 AM
I can't help you, but i would like to say that if anyone reads this and lives in Idaho, preferably the Boise area, pm me. I too would like to meet up with someone who's good a poker, and hopefully knows where to find some live games in town.

KKbluff
07-19-2005, 06:15 AM
EDIT: I Have talked to Tony Popejoy a few times, but of nothing that substantial...

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=471

cursha
07-19-2005, 08:31 AM
I too cannot help you, but like my learned collegue has suggested earlier, if there any 2+2's in my area, i'd love to meet up. In my sixteen years as an online poker professional I have found that I spend so long on the computer that I have become agrophobic. I sincerely believe it has been 6 years and 4 months since I last stepped outside. Fear of not earning my hourly rate and distracting myself just means I cant be away from this machine for more that 12 minutes and 17 seconds... I come out in blotches any longer than that...

anyway, if there is anyone in my area, I'd love to meet another human being.... asuming I still am one myself...

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh 12 minutes 14 seconds.... got to go...

DrawDeadJed
07-19-2005, 10:28 AM
[In my sixteen years as an online poker professional....]

Online poker has been around since 1989? Doesn't sound quite right to me.

RodSerling
07-19-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm very close to Purdue actually. I've been playing poker to earn a living for many years(mostly $5/10 no limit).
Do you have a pic? Need a mentor? If you are mature, stable, peaceful, fun and enjoy companionship, drop me a pm. We can play poker together, have a great friendship or more.

Biggenx
07-20-2005, 06:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
friendship or more.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

stokken
07-20-2005, 10:17 AM
Cute, 22yoa, modest with alcohol, non smoker seeks.....

Come on we are not dating here

DrFeelgoodRC
07-20-2005, 11:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We can play poker together, have a great friendship or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

-PAUSE-

Oblivious
07-20-2005, 11:30 AM
Im laid back and open minded. I enjoy candlelit dinners, walks on the beach, and all night [censored].

imported_metrognome7
07-20-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im laid back and open minded. I enjoy candlelit dinners, walks on the beach, and all night [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

nh.

iluzion
07-20-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm very close to Purdue actually. I've been playing poker to earn a living for many years(mostly $5/10 no limit).
Do you have a pic? Need a mentor? If you are mature, stable, peaceful, fun and enjoy companionship, drop me a pm. We can play poker together, have a great friendship or more.

[/ QUOTE ]

That sounded like it was creepy as hell, without meaning to be.

4thstreetpete
07-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Since this is turning into a 2+2 'personals' thread, if there is any poker players from the Vancouver area who would like to add me to their contacts list I would very much appreciate it. I'm from Toronto but I'm VERY interested to know more about Vancouver and possibly be relocating there in the very near future. So the more vancouver people I know the better. PM please, thanks.

ellipse_87
07-21-2005, 01:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
In my sixteen years as an online poker professional I have found that

[/ QUOTE ]
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=2921410&Foru m=&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2891898&Searc h=true&where=bodysub&Name=38611&daterange=1&newerv al=1&newertype=d&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Po st2921410