PDA

View Full Version : I Witnessed a Robbery Today

IQ89
07-19-2005, 02:54 AM
Stopped to get some gas at a Mobil station on Fairfax and the 10 Fwy before heading back to Orange County. Noticed a big guy (about 6'1" 240 lbs, maybe 27 years of age) hitting up a driver for some cash while I was driving in. I was expecting him to come over and hit me up for some cash too. The guy made eye contact with me, but then he turned to look inside the open door of the Gas station's miniture mini-mart. He then started walking at a hurried step toward the open door. I felt a little relieved.

Around two seconds later this big caucasian fellow about 48 years of age, 5'11" 220 lbs yells out, "Come Back With My Wallet!" I turned and saw that the big black guy, who had just hurried into the mini-mart, was now running out with what looked like a black wallet in his right hand. He had about a 10 foot head start in front of the white guy. The white guy was wearing sandles. He took two steps and one flies off, four steps later the other one flies off as he's trying to run after the thief.

It looked as if the white guy hadn't ran since he was in grammar school. It was really a pitiful sight. But the thief was overweight, and could only stay just ahead of his victim. Even though it was a fearly close match, you could tell that the white guy had little-to-no chance of catching the much younger thief.

I was a little shocked by what had just taken place. The white guy had the voice of a stage actor, and when he first yelled out it really startled me. The whole thing was kinda surreal. I had never seen anything like that before, and it was like I was watching a movie being shot on location.

After the two guys were about 100 yards away I went inside the station and said, "Holy Shi*." The attendant just shook his head, but didn't seem the least bit shocked. I asked if the thief had grabbed the wallet from the guy's pocket. He said no. That the wallet had been laying on the counter. Bad idea. The good news is that the station has three working survellance cameras inside the store, so hopefully the guy will be caught.

eric5148
07-19-2005, 02:56 AM
I can't remember ever putting my wallet down on a counter. Who the hell does that?

[censored]
07-19-2005, 03:06 AM
once again seinfeld has covered any & all possible responses to this situation.

-Skeme-
07-19-2005, 03:10 AM
You didn't help? I sentence you to life in prison for breaking The Good Samaritan law.

IQ89
07-19-2005, 03:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
once again seinfeld has covered any & all possible responses to this situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I swear to God, while driving home afterwards I was thinking about how it's too bad the fat guy who got ripped off couldn't run like Newman (Wayne Knight) in that episode where he runs down the street like a freaking gazelle. Wayne Knight may be fat, but he can ruuuuuunnnn like a bat out of hell.

-Skeme-
07-19-2005, 03:37 AM
http://img334.imageshack.us/img334/3788/untitled25td.jpg

___SK___
07-19-2005, 08:21 AM
i witnessed a robbery once, quick summary... walked into my home found 3 guy and 3 guns looking at me. the rest is history.

TStoneMBD
07-19-2005, 08:29 AM
i do that all the time, unless im wearing sandals obv.

spamuell
07-19-2005, 08:33 AM
I do it too when I have too much stuff in my hands at once and I need to put the notes and the change in different parts of my wallet, although if there are people around then I'm quite protective of it with my body, I think it would be hard for someone to grab it (but not impossible).

jakethebake
07-19-2005, 09:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wayne Knight may be fat, but he can ruuuuuunnnn like a bat out of hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and he climbs like a ringtailed lemur.

The Armchair
07-19-2005, 09:38 AM
I think this is technically larceny.