PDA

View Full Version : Avatar

Weatherhead03
07-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Hopefully this is the correct place to post this...my question is, I was wondering how to turn a short video clip into an avatar.

Thx

07-19-2005, 02:07 PM
I just asked the same question. Here's the reply I received (it worked):

Stonewalled,

Most forums don't host their own images, so you'll have to upload the image somewhere else. You can either use photobucket.com or imageshack.us. I use imageshack because it does not require registration. Once you upload an image there, you will be given a direct link to it. Click the image hotlink below your post and give it the URL. Problem solved. Also, this question has beeen answered quite a few times before. Try doing searches in the Internet Gambling, Computer Tech, and Other Other Topics forums before asking what appears to be a simple problem.

When using the search feature, put a + in front of all words you want to include, like +search +feature or something liek that.

hemstock
07-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Lol.
Have you even read the question?

I don't know the answer but I'd like to know as well.

07-21-2005, 12:07 PM
lol. Dude, I read the question, and thought it also applied to video clips. Once again, no good deed goes unpunished!

fix8ed
07-21-2005, 09:03 PM
You could use a program like ImageReady, which is bundled with the expensive Adobe Photoshop suite. Or, you could use a significantly less expensive program like GIF Movie Gear.

There are other programs, too. Try Googling "avi to gif"