View Full Version : Very very new to limit...Correct my line here.

Colombo
07-19-2005, 02:25 AM
Villian in this hand has been somewhat loose preflop, and he has trouble folding postflop after investing money into the hand.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 7 BB

cold_cash
07-19-2005, 02:27 AM
Don't pay half a bet to play J3.

aK13
07-19-2005, 02:27 AM
Even 4 handed, preflop is atrocious.

The rest looks good.

Colombo
07-19-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The rest looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got SSH and have read about 90 pages, should i be using the book's preflop strategy for my small blind as well?

aK13
07-19-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The rest looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got SSH and have read about 90 pages, should i be using the book's preflop strategy for my small blind as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

the book has notes in it about what to play in the small blind -- J3o is definitely not among those hands.

Until you get a lot more experience at limit, sticking to the recommendations in SSH should be good enough. You should finish reading it before you play any more, though, or your bankroll may be nonexistent by the time you get a firm grasp of how to beat low limit hold'em.

Tonsafun
07-19-2005, 02:35 AM
Had to force back a little bile when I saw that you voluntarily put money in the pot with that hand preflop.

FOLD.

Check/fold flop.

aK13
07-19-2005, 02:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Check/fold flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the worst option by far.

istewart
07-19-2005, 02:43 AM
Is he aggressive postflop or just a calling station? I think you can fold to the flop 3-bet on that board.

EDIT: Didn't see it was 4-handed.

Colombo
07-19-2005, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is he aggressive postflop or just a calling station? I think you can fold to the flop 3-bet on that board.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only read I had was that he bet on a flop before, called a raise, and then called on the turn with king high with no draws, river was checked.

agressive calling station, in a way.

aK13
07-19-2005, 02:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only read I had was that he bet on a flop before, called a raise, and then called on the turn with king high, river was checked.

agressive calling station, in a way.

[/ QUOTE ]

So...capable of bluffing -- I like the play even more.

JKDStudent
07-19-2005, 03:12 AM
What they said. The preflop call is awful, but postflop was played very well. And good job on using past play as a read (the betting w/ K-high). Well done.

Dave G.
07-19-2005, 03:31 AM
As others have pointed out, fold this preflop.

Bet the river. You'll get calls from A / K high or bigger pocket pairs. If he has trouble letting go of hands he's going to pay you off, unless he has specifically Tx or 66.