PDA

View Full Version : A simple question. I think. (AKA: MY BB! MINE!)

Entity
07-19-2005, 02:04 AM
Reads: SB in this hand is bad. Preflop probably slightly too loose, postflop passive-aggressive in an odd way. His turn raises often mean very little and he checks way too often intending to pull some fancy [censored] and bets way too often with hands that obviously aren't good. He's sort of a table coach and if he thinks about the game, it's only because he wants to make fancy plays, not because they are good plays. My only experience with him was defending w/T9s against a CO openraise from him -- flop was A94 rainbow and I checked, he checked. Turn was a 7, I bet, he raised, and I called. Turn was an 8 and I check-called and he rolled his 22, MHIG.

Anyway. On to the hand.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

baronzeus
07-19-2005, 02:33 AM
I defend with these 2 live cards every time.

donger
07-19-2005, 03:09 AM
I would defend here, too. He's a fancypants, so you're probably going to be able to peel off some free cards in position as he tries for bluff CRs and crap like that. I think you will be able to check at least one of the streets here, based on your description.

imported_CaseClosed326
07-19-2005, 03:47 AM
I would like it to be a little more connected, but in reality this seems like a call I should be making more often.

spydog
07-19-2005, 04:46 AM
I'm not excited about playing 52s HU against an unpredictable opponent. I would prefer to play this hand against someone that is more straightforward (and one who can fold postflop). I want a little more high card power against the villian that you describe because it doesn't sound like he folds much.