PDA

View Full Version : I think I lost my friends

Morpheus
07-19-2005, 02:04 AM
I think I lost my only social group.

They haven't called me for 2 weeks and they usually call me every weekend. Two weeks ago, I was at a party over there and I got really really drunk. I'm not proud of it. I got so drunk that I threw up twice. I don't think I've thrown up from drinking in 4 years. Been going through some difficult stuff I guess.

Anyway, so what do I do whenever I get drunk ? I start throwing things. I threw brownies at two of my friends. I threw pretzels. One guy threw the brownies back at me. It was package of them. I wasn't throwing the stuff very hard. When I vomited, one time was outside and the other was in the toilet so no problem there.

Frankly, I never understood why they hung out with me in the first place. They all smoke weed and I never have. I did a few times when I was 18 but that's it. Never with them, though. I called my friend some names and said some pretty dumb stuff that made no sense at all. I offended one of my friend's wife by laughing about the Natalie Hattaway girl, (the girl missing in Aruba). She got kind of steamed about it. It was the night of the Live8 concert so we were watching that and I laughed and made fun of the starving kids in Rwanda/Nigeria. Everyone got a little annoyed at that but I couldn't tell whether they were offended but thought it was funny or offended and they thought I was a dumbass and they were just now finding it out.

I thought I was funny but they were so freaking uptight. The most uptight marijuana smokers that I've ever seen. Oh well, I guess I'll have plenty of time to be by myself.

What do you think ? Are they just busy or have I lost all my friends ? I count about 6 - 9 friends that I possibly lost here but I'm not sure some of them were really my friend, anyway, though because I've woken up on the couch to hear them making fun of me but they didn't know I was awake.

ThaSaltCracka
07-19-2005, 02:07 AM
I wouldn't want to be your friend, damn, you sound [censored] annoying. Sorry.

slickpoppa
[ QUOTE ]
It was the night of the Live8 concert so we were watching that and I laughed and made fun of the starving kids in Rwanda/Nigeria.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's hilarious

BruinEric
Forget these "friends."

Find yourself some friends that actually like you except for this:

No more getting drunk with future friends until you can:
a) stop being rude
AND
b) stop throwing things
AND
c) stop barfing

nothumb
07-19-2005, 02:09 AM
Don't worry, you've still got internet forums to provide support and companionship.

NT

Boris
07-19-2005, 02:10 AM
oh like you never got wasted and started hurling the pretzels. lighten up mr. cracker.

ThaSaltCracka
07-19-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
oh like you never got wasted and started hurling the pretzels. lighten up mr. cracker.

[/ QUOTE ]true.

Soul Daddy
07-19-2005, 02:11 AM
Get drunk and call them.

IronDragon1
07-19-2005, 02:12 AM
How anyone could find a belligerent, insensitive, lazy, disrespectful, fat (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2887059&page=&view=&s b=5&o=) ,whiny individual like yourself unbearable is simply beyond me.

MrFeelNothin
07-19-2005, 02:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How anyone could find a belligerent, insensitive, lazy, disrespectful, fat (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2887059&page=&view=&s b=5&o=) ,whiny individual like yourself unbearable is simply beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Game, set, match.

tdarko
07-19-2005, 02:23 AM
you sound like you have some problems, i don't think these "friends" of yours are your main worry. i would start with finding friends that share your same interests, poker...eating i dunno thats i really know about you but whatever.

you acted like a tool but we have all done dumb [censored] when hammered out of our minds, true friends should be able to laugh it off WITH you not at you.

eric5148
07-19-2005, 02:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I laughed and made fun of the starving kids in Rwanda/Nigeria.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, fuck those starving little bastards. They have NO IDEA what's it's like to get the wrong order at McD's.

TheTROLL
07-19-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good link. Sounds like a nice guy.

Morpheus
07-19-2005, 03:00 AM
I'm not sure I can find any friends again but oh well.

Anyway, I was shooting hoops with my two good friends right before the party that night and I was already drunk at about 5 pm in the afternoon. I had only been over there an hour but I drink fast sometimes. Ok, so we are playing fish(or pig). My friend shoots one from right next to the basket. He is still sober at this point. I tell him that this is discrimination. He's like "what ?" and my other friend was like "Huh ?". Then I tell him that he's a "racist". (we are both white). He's like "what ?" . I was like , "You're racist.". I said it kind of matter of fact. They laugh it off but I was completely joking and it was like they didn't understand me or something. Maybe they've grown up but I haven't ? I swear that 7 years ago, they would been laughing or whatever. Or maybe I've changed to the point where no one really understands me anymore. That's a possibility.

Here is my thinking. The group of them is together so often that who's name comes up every now and then ? I'm sure it's me. I'm not saying they talk about me constantly because I doubt that but seeing how I recently went about 1 1/2 months without returning their phone call, they probably got a little pissed. This was about 2 months ago. So I go over there and my friend's brother seems to have something against me now. It's either the not returning the phone call thing or god knows what else. I have no idea.

It's not like waiting by the phone or anything because I hate the phone but what I really want out of friends is to be there maybe a few times every 3 or 4 months. I'm not someone who goes every day or even every week and maybe that's what pissed them off. I used to hang out with them every weekend like 2 years ago and I don't know and maybe they are pissed about it. I just don't like partying every weekend.

eric5148
07-19-2005, 03:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I tell him that this is discrimination. He's like "what ?" and my other friend was like "Huh ?". Then I tell him that he's a "racist". (we are both white). He's like "what ?" . I was like , "You're racist.". I said it kind of matter of fact. They laugh it off but I was completely joking and it was like they didn't understand me or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHAT? How could anyone not think that was funny. Dude, you should think about doing stand-up.

Morpheus
07-19-2005, 03:20 AM
Are you for real ? That's just the way I was brought up. Saying stuff like this at each other. I guess I just went a little overboard that night and they didn't know what to think.

I'm just the kind of guy that if I'm going over to someone's house I like to have a really good time and I like to have a reason for being there (to have a really good time) otherwise, I stay home and watch TV. However, they are the type that is with each other like 4 times/week and so when they are with each other they watch TV together because it's nothing special.

Sponger15SB
07-19-2005, 03:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe one time when I was wasted at a friends 17th birthday at a country club I went into the girls bathroom and was chucking handfulls of pretzels into the bathroom stalls after my friends would walk in. I poured a gigantic bag into the sink basin and then would toss them around.

That was fun.

Boris
07-19-2005, 03:23 AM
you are the mvtherfvckin man!!!!!!!!

Vavavoom
07-19-2005, 03:31 AM
IronDragon1 - You're My Hero !!!

[ QUOTE ]
How anyone could find a belligerent, insensitive, lazy, disrespectful, fat ,whiny individual like yourself unbearable is simply beyond me.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that my friends is the stone cold nuts...

shant
07-19-2005, 03:55 AM
Next time choke on your own vomit.

tek
07-19-2005, 07:46 AM
Seems like you are trying to be tucker max (http://www.tuckermax.com/)

but don't have the goods...

spamuell
07-19-2005, 08:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I recently went about 1 1/2 months without returning their phone call

[/ QUOTE ]

So why should you expect them to try to call you again? You're taking them for granted and you seem incredibly annoying so they're hardly going to desperately try to maintain links with you.

RunDownHouse
07-19-2005, 08:48 AM
I'm going to pile on here and say that you sound like you have pretty poor social skills. How old are you?

FouTight
07-19-2005, 08:51 AM
This reminds me a lot of this guy I know. He is part of a group of 'friends' that my girlfriend had from highschool, and they always hang out, which is rare around here. It's not common for people 25+ years of age to still hang out with high school friends, but, anyways, the one guy they hang out with is a complete slob. He's overweight, he drinks and gets shitfaced all the time, throws up at people's houses, basically, nobody really likes him, but he's there. Then one day, they decided that they just weren't going to call him anymore, but he didn't take the hint, and he kept calling them, and showing up, and he annoys the hell out of them every time he shows up.

the moral of the story is...

Take the hint buddy, take the hint and move on.

Reef
07-19-2005, 08:57 AM
1) you probably weren't really friends
2) you're an annoying drunk

jakethebake
07-19-2005, 09:25 AM
You're right at the end of the two week cooling off period. Perfect timing. Call them apologize.

thebluepill
07-19-2005, 10:55 AM
So theredpill is back! How many accounts is this for you now, a dozen?

Sounds like you have as many real life friends as you do online, maybe you shouldn't make fun of everyone all the time.

The Truth
07-19-2005, 12:07 PM
I think you should concentrate on being happy with yourself.
Only after you are happy and satisified with who you are, can you be happy and confident around your friends.

tolbiny
07-19-2005, 12:12 PM
3mins huh? Hmmm, what could a person do to a whiny stupid douch bags burger in three mins.... hmmmmm.

sfer
07-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Fcuk it Dude. Let's go bowling.

Stuey
07-19-2005, 01:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're right at the end of the two week cooling off period. Perfect timing. Call them apologize.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jake is the only one that figured out he should apologize? Don't apologize because you want your friends back do it because you are sorry you acted like a ass. Even though it was good fun and they should lighten up you know they deserve an apology. Don't tell them you won't do it again just say you feel like a ass for doing it and were just blowing off steam.

tdarko
07-19-2005, 02:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Jake is the only one that figured out he should apologize?

[/ QUOTE ]
no. he is one of the only ones that thinks he should try to be friends with them when they are clearly not compatable as friends (though from the looks of it nobody is going to be compatable as a friend with this guy).

Bluffoon
07-19-2005, 02:50 PM
Try AA.

bd8802
07-19-2005, 02:59 PM
get drunk, find them, throw much heavier objects at them.

Lawrence Ng
07-19-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lawrence

Morpheus
07-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Hey tolbiny,

I didn't eat that Double Quarter Pounder. I usually eat them no matter what but I couldn't do it.

I don't think I can apologize. I'm not sure I really did anything wrong. They actually became my friend a long time ago partly because of the stuff that I do. We met when we were all working at the same restaurant in high school. We do crazy things like microwaving little Action Figures and humping watermelons. They liked that I was basically an [censored] to management and now it seems that maybe they are tired of me being like that.

Redpill is back ?

Redpill never left.

07-19-2005, 07:23 PM
I got sad when i read this post /images/graemlins/frown.gif

CourtesyFlush
07-19-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend shoots one from right next to the basket. He is still sober at this point. I tell him that this is discrimination. He's like "what ?" and my other friend was like "Huh ?". Then I tell him that he's a "racist". (we are both white). He's like "what ?" . I was like , "You're racist.". I said it kind of matter of fact. They laugh it off but I was completely joking and it was like they didn't understand me or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this even remotely funny? I don't mean that it's offensive, but it's just dumb and doesn't make any sense. You have a really effed up sense of humor.

EliteNinja
07-20-2005, 02:04 AM
You need to rethink what qualities makes YOU a friend.

Ask yourself these questions:
1. How do I act when I am drunk?
2. Do I respect my friends' opinions?
3. Am I too critical of my friends' shortcomings?
4a. Am I healthy?
4b. Do I eat too much crap like McDonald's?
5. Am I happy with myself?

From what I have read from you, I get the impression that you are a person who cannot restrain your comments to others and you do not care about your fellow man's well being. In general, you are a fatprick-assjerk.

My advice to you is the following:

1. Layoff the McDonald's.
2. Quit drinking.
3. Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you.

The healthier you are, the better you will feel about yourself.

Boris
07-20-2005, 02:15 AM
didn't mean to make you cry. sorry.

bernie
07-20-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn this got a good laugh out of me. Thanks. I needed it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

b

blatz
07-20-2005, 04:47 AM
Find friends more drunk and obnoxious than you...shouldn't be hard, they're around.

A. You'll enjoy a life of shallow, fun, bar stupidity.
B. You'll hate them, think they are stupid, go back to your old friends and learn to leave right at the point you are going to ruin everyones night.

I suppose there is also a choice C, change, clean up your act and improve your behavior, but I never tried that so I can't really comment.