PDA

View Full Version : Free ride in the Paradise freeroll

Guthrie
07-19-2005, 01:18 AM
Just a few minutes before it began tonight I get a popup that I've qualified for another entry into Paradise Million Freeroll. So I sit down, post the big blind, fold to a raise, and before the second hand is dealt all the players disappear from the table and I get a popup that says the tournament is over and I finished first. I go to the lobby and watch as they assign all 600-odd players first place. That's going to make a big dent in the 4000 player limit. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

celiboy
07-19-2005, 01:24 AM
Oh man that sucks

I finished in 34th the other night - top 30 made it. I'm kicking myself as to what could have been as most of the players in that thing are going to be terrible. Realistically I'll never have a 1 in 4000 chance of winning a million bucks ever again.

Guthrie
07-19-2005, 01:31 AM
I've played three times already. Tonight would have been the fourth. It must not take many raked hands to get an invite. I get one about every three days. Play some more .50/1 and take another shot.

celiboy
07-19-2005, 01:33 AM
Yea, I'm about to make my first deposit at Paradise for the Granny bonus and I anticipate getting enough points to try again. Should make an interesting final table with first paying the million and the other 9 spots paying 10K and a trip.

Guthrie
07-19-2005, 02:54 AM
I logged back on to see what happened, and the game had just restarted. I was put back on a table before the blind reached me. Hundreds of people went to bed. I'm now at a table of 10, but only three live players. All the rest are just blinding out. Makes for some interesting blind stealing.

Overdrive
07-19-2005, 03:09 AM
I played in one of the late night tourneys where 30 people get in right when they first came out with it. I got lucky and managed to finish 27 and sneak my way in. Now if I can at least make it to the final table in real one /images/graemlins/cool.gif

JackOfSpeed
07-19-2005, 10:47 AM
I too was at a table with 4 or 5 of dead players last night, after the restart. Unfortunately for me, these players (perhaps with good reason) were incredibly loose, and would not allow me to steal the dead blinds at all after we got to 50/100. I ended up getting hella-sucked out on a couple of times and finishing like 150th.

Guthrie
07-19-2005, 11:22 AM
At my first table, the entire string of 5 dead players were on my left and life was good. Unfortunately, a big stack dropped in on my right and took all my action. Then I got moved to a table with 8 dead players and the other guy invited me to alternate stealing. We did for several orbits, but as we picked them off, even bigger live stacks dropped in.

The biggest problem was that apparently there were some tables with lots of live players and some people managed to build stacks while the rest of us just stole the blinds. By the time we got into actual games we were hugely outstacked.

I also suffered the indignity of losing to an empty chair. Once the blinds exceeded the player's stack, we could no longer just raise him off. He was all-in, and the cards were dealt. I caught the nut flush, but the missing player made a straight flush and doubled up. It took a couple of orbits before someone finally picked him off.

An interesting tourney. They'll probably catch a lot of grief from the players who went to bed thinking it was cancelled.