PDA

View Full Version : Party & skins performing badly in general? (not connection errors)

ZimbuTheMonkey
07-19-2005, 12:51 AM
Lately, I've been noticing pretty bad performance from the Party Poker clients. My PC is a monster (I'm a gamer) so it can't be any hardware issues and I defragment my hard drives every 3 days.

PP windows will lag quite a bit opening and closing and just perform poorly overall, it's very frustrating when multi-tabling. By contrast, other sites (Pstars) run flawlessly and I experience no slow-down. Of course, the two sites aren't coded the same, but I wasn't getting these laggy windows a week ago. Anyone experiencing this?

Nigel
07-19-2005, 01:04 AM
Yup.

uuDevil
07-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Playing in their freeroll tournaments, when I'm moved to a new table, I frequently cannot act for several seconds and my mouse pointer will jitter as I try to move it over a button to click an action. Sometimes the delay is long enough that my hand is folded.

I've been having the disconnect problem as well.

I doubt these problems are related to hardware performance on my end or with my ISP.

fire_fly
07-19-2005, 01:12 AM
wait, so the disconnects have affected all the skins?

I just switched to eurobet and that's exactly when it started happening (whole tables timing out simultaniously, etc.) I totally thought it was just the one skin. So it's ALL of them? But I guess this makes sense cuz it's all the same tables...

ZimbuTheMonkey
07-19-2005, 01:13 AM
"Playing in their freeroll tournaments, when I'm moved to a new table, I frequently cannot act for several seconds and my mouse pointer will jitter as I try to move it over a button to click an action. Sometimes the delay is long enough that my hand is folded."

Yes, that's exactly what happens!

B Dids
07-19-2005, 01:26 AM
I've experiened this forever. I don't think it's tied to whatever issue they're having with their tables.

OrianasDaad
07-19-2005, 03:35 AM
I haven't noticed anything other than a complete freeze for up to 30 seconds when I exit the software. I now close Party & skins directly from the task manager.

jmrogers7
07-19-2005, 09:20 AM
Does anyone else experience the situation where you are multi-tabling and end up having connection issues at only one of your tables?

Why does this occur?

jmrogers7
07-19-2005, 09:21 AM
Sorry, guys. Just saw the other post further down the list regarding my question. Please disregard.

KyleM
07-19-2005, 11:49 AM
yep... anybody ever see a skin get really laggy and then look at running processes and see the skin is sucking up 100+ megabites of memory? [censored] shitty programming...

bds
07-19-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone else experience the situation where you are multi-tabling and end up having connection issues at only one of your tables?

Why does this occur?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this happens because they run multiple servers and different tables are hosted at different servers.

CORed
07-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Most of the problems seem to have started after the last "upgrade", the one added the $50/100 and $100/200 tables. I'm guessing that they "upgraded" the server software at the same time. Oh well, what do expect. Their chief programmer is a Dikshit.