PDA

View Full Version : Solution for Party etc disconnects?

SuitedSixes
07-19-2005, 12:10 AM
Ok, I know that we all have been experiencing this over the last few days. I know that I read here a way to tweak it so it doesn't happen, it was something about making Party have multible threads or something like that. I think Gigabet had the solution, but like all good posts, the search function can't find it either. Does anyone else remember what I am talking about, or am I just straight trippin'?

The Yugoslavian
07-19-2005, 12:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I know that we all have been experiencing this over the last few days. I know that I read here a way to tweak it so it doesn't happen, it was something about making Party have multible threads or something like that. I think Gigabet had the solution, but like all good posts, the search function can't find it either. Does anyone else remember what I am talking about, or am I just straight trippin'?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no clue what you're talking about.../images/graemlins/confused.gif.

And if I'm confused about a recent post having to do with Gigabet....ur screwed /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

Apathy
07-19-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you are talking about.

It was a daliman thread about how he would never play on party again after they wouldnt refund him after this happened.

Gigabet came into that thread with some weird solution.

Maybe that will help you find it.

The Yugoslavian
07-19-2005, 01:16 AM
Oh that one?

I was laughing too hard at the Dali-rant.

/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Yugoslav

morgan180
07-19-2005, 01:17 AM
eastbay had the solution - it was about changing the primary servers that you were connected to, since party runs off of multiple servers it is usually just the one you are routed to. it took a call to party support, which is never fun but can be done. i'll see if i can find the post.

citanul
07-19-2005, 01:18 AM
one of my earliest posts was about this sort of nonsense. the solution has to do with rerouting the shortcut to partypoker to like, their alternate servers, which one is named black.partypoker.com and i think one is einstein.partypoker.com, and there's a 3rd, but i dunno.

citanul

SuitedSixes
07-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Do I win? (http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=1760075 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=server&Searchpage=0&Limit= 25&Main=1760017&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=186 23&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&ol dertype=&bodyprev=#Post1760075)

Edit: You know you've been here too long when the posts you remember have moved to the archives.

morgan180
07-19-2005, 01:22 AM
nh

SuitedSixes
07-19-2005, 01:29 AM
So, will this help us if we are able to figure out which servers are having the disconnect problem?

Don't ask me I'm only a computer genius.

RicP
07-19-2005, 03:16 AM
I'm sure there is a bank of game servers, sitting behind load balancing devices.

Changing your default server to a different one. You wouldn't necessarily be connecting to a different machine due to the way a load balancer works.