PDA

View Full Version : n00b on 2+2 forums

07-18-2005, 11:55 PM
i'm a n00b on these forums. i'm 19 and have been playing for 3 years now. don't know why i didn't look for forums earlier, but here i am. i'm going be going to school in pittsburgh this fall for my 2nd year, and i want to find some games out there, other than the crappy dorm games. if anyone can help me out, that would be greatly appreciated! TIA

OrianasDaad
07-18-2005, 11:57 PM
If you are looking for live game play, then mabye over in the "home poker" or "brick and mortar (b&m)" forums.

For online play, check the "internet" forum, or do a google search for "online poker".

Welcome to 2+2!

Rearden
07-19-2005, 02:22 AM
"Other than the crappy dorm games"

--- What you fail to realize is that there are few games more weak tight or ultra loose (dependent on drinking) than college games. Every student who has watched WPT/WSOP is now a pro. Some have even gone so far as to buy Phil H.'s book!!!!1111!!!one!!! So if youd like to skip out on the many NL SNG's, that anyone who with even a nominal understanding of pot odds (or even hand rankings) should be able to beat, be my guest.
As a Pitt student I can very readily say that a few hours at any Friday night game in a frat house or in some random dorm room can easily pay for your beer or whatever other random expenses we college students tend to rack up.
... But if youre a game elitist and want to be properly comp'd for your high stakes play out in the Burgh I can't help you, the Bellagio at the Point has yet to open :-(.

07-19-2005, 11:57 PM
yeah, they all think they're pros, and the best player ever. i play the odds correctly, most of the time. i don't have problems playing, and taking their money /images/graemlins/tongue.gif it's just 90% of the games are tourneys, which i prefer over cash games, but they're $5 buy ins. payouts usually ~$20 for 1st, and the time put in isn't worth the prize. if you get what i mean? they're easy money, but playing for like 4 hours to make a profit of $15 just isn't really worth it. granted it's fun, and it's $15 more than i started with, but at those low buy-ins, guys don't care, "it's only $5, and i'll call with any 2 cards to hit my 1 outer" nobody is willing to even play $10 games. cash games are hard to come by, everyone just plays tournys it seems. i'll play em, it's just i'd like to play somewhere different, that's all....bellagio at the point? that'd be friggin sweet

oh, and i like the avatar OrianasDaad