PDA

View Full Version : lost with KT

hicherbie
07-18-2005, 11:04 PM
3rd orbit at the table. The CO hasnt done anything but fold hands pf or on the flop. the table has been pretty tight overall.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

River: (7.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero .....

two questions: bet and fold to a raise on the turn? and played as is, is this an easy call on the river?

mr pink
07-18-2005, 11:15 PM
i'd call here expecting to see A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif or a weirdly played set of kings. possibly another weirdly played AK that you just pulled ahead of, which is why i'd call.

DemonDeac
07-18-2005, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

bet and fold to a raise on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
thats my line

TomBrooks
07-19-2005, 04:06 AM
Hmmm, a three-bet free card play. I haven't seen that very often.

Nick C
07-19-2005, 05:26 AM
I agree with Mr. Pink. This looks like a well-played A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif to me.

I don't see the flop value 3-bet/turn check combo a whole lot, though, so I'd probably have to call to make sure. Also, it's not often that I can put my opponent on two exact cards, so if I'd managed to in 20 seconds after the river raise in this hand, I'd probably call to verify my read. (I'm not proud of that reason for calling, by the way.)

Anyway, though, it could be something else. Unfortunately, the second possibility Mr. Pink mentioned -- a KK hand CO decided to get tricky with on the turn after making a boat -- is another decent guess. (It's also another one combo hand, which is another reason to think about calling.)

Anyway, I don't think it's an easy call on the river, but I would probably make it.

On the turn, I don't think CO is checking behind often at all after 3-betting the flop. I would probably just check-fold, actually. Or check-call, if I was feeling stubborn and was paranoid CO might just have AJ.

toss
07-19-2005, 05:29 AM
My usually plan after getting 3-bet from a Checkraise is to checkfold the turn. CO may be playing a draw aggressively, but he may also have a number of strong pair hands. River I'd stubbornly call even though I know I should fold.

aK13
07-19-2005, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm, a three-bet free card play. I haven't seen that very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Value, my friend.

AQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif played this exceptionally well.