PDA

View Full Version : California trip update

ClaytonN
07-18-2005, 10:59 PM
Popping in to say hi momentarily.

Flew to San Jose. Took a lot of pictures. All the (good) pictures I'll post in a thread when I get back to Atlanta.

2 nights ago we decided to head to the Lodge @ Pebble Beach early instead of going directly to San Fran. Our room for the night was more inland.

Yesterday I woke up and watched Tiger win, then went back to sleep. When everyone got up we traveled out to Hearst castle (or as I like to put it, Wally World). Many pictures taken. More or less took up the whole day. Fun times, but I got carsick on the way back. Elephant seals are COOL.

So, yesterday we come back to get the room we should have initially got, and holy hell. Our room is around 70 yards from the 18th green at Pebble. You can sit on the back porch thingy and watch all the groups come in. The coolness just cannot be measured, especially if you are a golf nut such as myself.

Today the rest of the family woke up to go whale watching while I slept in (thanks to afformentioned car sickness). When I woke up I took advantage of the in-room snack bar (mmm... sun chips) and went out to the putting green in the middle of the pebble beach town. On two seperate occasions while putting tourists came up to me and asked if they could borrow my putter for a picture on the green. Thankfully both times they didn't run away with my putter /images/graemlins/smile.gif

So, tomorrow morning I've got a tee time at Pebble at around 8:30 in the morning, and I think we're eating sushi tonight. As I said earlier I'll post a thread at the end of the trip, and it'll have a bunch of cool pictures. I'll just leave you guys with 2 pics before I get back to enjoy my vacation:

California = brilliant, imo (http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/6548/img25796qs.jpg)

Looking out the back 8) (http://img302.imageshack.us/img302/1336/img33118xc.jpg)

eric5148
07-18-2005, 11:06 PM
Plz plz plz take lots of pics from the course!

Shajen
07-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Two things:

1) work on that chin hair bro. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

2) You suck immensely. My jealousy cannot be contained. Play well. Hell, screw that, I hope you top every drive and chili-dip every mid iron.

Kidding dude, sounds like a blast. Enjoy it.