PDA

View Full Version : Stupid fancy play or a good line? 100-200 hand

ike
07-18-2005, 09:01 PM
6 handed 100-200 on crypto network
Mostly unknown apparently solid raises UTG, fish coldcalls, folded to me in the BB and I call with KQo.
Flop: K 8 4 r
I check, UTG bets, fish folds, I raise, UTG calls.
Turn: 6
I check, UTG bets, I call.
River: 2
I bet...
I'm mainly curious about the turn. Is checking dumb? After he bets should I raise?

La Brujita
07-18-2005, 09:14 PM
I don't like turn check which lets him check jj etc. behind. If you check I think you must check raise.

If he has a naked ace you have given him a free chance to outdraw you. I guess the flip side is if he hits his lower kicker he calls a bet on the river perhaps.

Does he call with A high after turn is checked and you bet river blank? I suppose that is something else to consider.

None of this is definitive.

Schneids
07-18-2005, 09:20 PM
This opponent is aggro enough to bet the turn with middle pocket pairs so I think it's fine to check the turn however I think betting is better as this opponent is also going to call down with all of them and this way you don't give a free card to AJ which will probably take the free card.

ChewyMint
07-18-2005, 11:12 PM
I would definately keep betting the whole way. If you do check the turn, it's definately time for the check-raise. I do like the bet on the end though, although it is a strange line with the check-call on the turn.

ChewyMint

ike
07-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Why would you raise the turn?

flawless_victory
07-18-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you raise the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]because you have TP and want more money to go into the pot.

Lestat
07-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Perfect.

Lestat
07-18-2005, 11:26 PM
<font color="red">because you have TP and want more money to go into the pot. </font>

Against many of UTG's likely hands, ike did a fine job of getting the most money (that could be got), into the pot.

flawless_victory
07-18-2005, 11:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">because you have TP and want more money to go into the pot. </font>

Against many of UTG's likely hands, ike did a fine job of getting the most money (that could be got), into the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]im just saying... many in that game are exxxtremely aggro.
what i like to do is bet the turn, call the raise, bet the river... usually i muck if they raise it again, but thats actually pretty rare... ppl love to showdown.

mike l.
07-19-2005, 12:18 AM
if youre going to play it like this you should c/r the river.

then again "checkraise the river" is like this forum's "stick it in her pooper."

bugstud
07-19-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if youre going to play it like this you should c/r the river.

then again "checkraise the river" is like this forum's "stick it in her pooper."

[/ QUOTE ]

nice

sthief09
07-19-2005, 01:08 AM
doesn't your line kind of make it somewhat obvious what you have? I feel like continuing the flop play with a turn bet disguises your hand a lot more. I don't think the turn check in iteself is obvious because it could be a draw or a hand you just don't want to fold, but when you bet at the turn it looks like a KT/KJ type hand that was scared to get raised on the turn

Lestat
07-19-2005, 01:22 AM
Well hell yeah, if you can induce a worse hand to raise the turn and call the river, then that's the way to go! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

catlover
07-19-2005, 01:32 AM
Sorry for the slight hijack here -- I have a problem with the crypto network. It doesn't give me an alert beep when I am running out of time to act! So I could just get folded out of a pot because I don't realize I am running low on time.

Anyone else have this problem? What do you do about it?

PokerPrince
07-19-2005, 02:49 AM
Checkraise the river if you're going to play it like this. Little too fancy for my taste.

PokerPrince

flawless_victory
07-19-2005, 04:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the slight hijack here -- I have a problem with the crypto network. It doesn't give me an alert beep when I am running out of time to act! So I could just get folded out of a pot because I don't realize I am running low on time.

Anyone else have this problem? What do you do about it?

[/ QUOTE ]I HATE THIS.
ive timed out quite a bit when 6tabling... the games im playing on party beep loud, so...

theBruiser500
07-21-2005, 09:39 PM
ike, all i see is what schneids says. what advantage does your line have to just betting the turn, i don't get it?

rigoletto
07-22-2005, 04:11 AM
Even solid players have a wide raising range UTG in this game, so giving free cards is not a good idea. You simply have to bet that turn.

golferbrent
07-22-2005, 06:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
6 handed 100-200 on crypto network
Mostly unknown apparently solid raises UTG, fish coldcalls, folded to me in the BB and I call with KQo.
Flop: K 8 4 r
I check, UTG bets, fish folds, I raise, UTG calls.
Turn: 6
I check, UTG bets, I call.
River: 2
I bet...
I'm mainly curious about the turn. Is checking dumb? After he bets should I raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an interesting line?? My question is what are you trying to represent?? Are you tying to get the raiser to think you have an eight?? The raiser is certainly not going to put you on a draw since a K-8-4 flop is devoid of any reasonable draws. If you are trying to represent that you are scared that your 8 you flopped may not be good and you don't want raised on the turn then the check on the turn is ok...
But if you are going to give up the lead and think your hand is good... you need to put a raise in at some point. I would be curious to learn more about your thought process. Just trying a different or fancy line with a hand b/c it is easy to do on the internet is not going to improve your skill... but if you had a distinct thought process behind your line then that would provide some elaboration...