PDA

View Full Version : UltimateBet $5 Single Table SNG.

sekrah
07-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Interesting hand here.. I bungled it from the beginning, but I'll ask for opinions here.

20-40 Blinds.. Hero has 1200 chips. Villain has 1800 and is fairly loose-aggressive. He's taken alot of flops and he's bet alot of them, but I wouldn't call him a true maniac.

Hero on the button, is dealt A-10 offsuit. Villan is in the cutoff.

4 limpers in front.. For some reason, I limp in here as well.. I am usually very aggressive and raise here.. But I just came off a very successful run of steals, and I usually like to slow it down after a spurt and try to maintain some semblence of a tight image at the table.

Blinds limp in as well.. 240 pot going to the flop.

Flop comes 10-8-4, Rainbow.

3 check to the Villain in the CO.. He bets 150.. Hero raises it to 350.. Blinds fold, One middle position guy calls 350 cold, Villain calls the 150.

Turn: 6. MP checks, Villain checks, Hero checks?!? Don't know what the hell I was doing.. But I checked it for some god awful reason. I think I was fearing 10-8, J-9, or whatever the hell else was running through my head and hoping for a check-down.

River: 7. Board is now 10-8-3-6-7. MP checks.. Villain bets 300. Hero?

At this point I'm kicking myself because I've bungled it on nearly every street.. Don't even know why I am posting this disgraceful play.. It's embarassing.. But I just thought I'd share of what NOT to do.

wookie
07-18-2005, 09:15 PM
The pot was 280 if there was 4 limpers before you plus the blinds after you...

Nothing wrong with limping sometimes to mix up your play, per se - but you gotta hammer the pot when you hit the flop in this situation. With 430 in the pot after the villain bets, I re-raise with 600 to make the point and make it wrong to call on a draw. I also probably fold to a re-re-raise, depending on reads... - w

sekrah
07-19-2005, 08:05 AM
One bump.