PDA

View Full Version : Well? We're WAITING...

DarrenX
07-18-2005, 06:36 PM
$215 sng- 1st hand, no reads/notes...

15/30 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 14015787) - Sun Jul 17 14:04:28 EDT 2005
Table Table 13292 (Real Money) -- Seat 6 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: ginzorella (1000)
Seat 2: indogheaven (1000)
Seat 3: bictor (1000)
Seat 4: WSUbobcat (1000)
Seat 5: Vega10 (1000)
Seat 6: RRGGBB (1000)
Seat 7: DarrenX (1000)
Seat 8: kingofstep5 (1000)
Seat 9: SavorIt (1000)
Seat 10: Magno23 (1000)
DarrenX posts small blind (10)
kingofstep5 posts big blind (15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to DarrenX [ 3d, Qc ]
SavorIt folds.
Magno23 calls (15)
ginzorella calls (15)
indogheaven calls (15)
bictor folds.
WSUbobcat folds.
Vega10 calls (15)
RRGGBB calls (15)
DarrenX calls (5)
kingofstep5 checks.
** Dealing Flop ** : [ Qh, 7h, Qs ]
DarrenX checks.
kingofstep5 checks.
Magno23 checks.
ginzorella checks.
indogheaven bets (55)
Vega10 folds.
RRGGBB calls (55)
DarrenX raises (175) to 175
kingofstep5 folds.
Magno23 folds.
ginzorella folds.
indogheaven folds.
RRGGBB calls (120)
** Dealing Turn ** : [ 9c ]
DarrenX bets (200)
RRGGBB raises (810) to 810
RRGGBB is all-In.
DarrenX...

Freudian
07-18-2005, 06:38 PM
What are the odds someone does this with an overpair at the 215s? (edit: nm, it wasn't raised preflop).

I'd probably fold here. With this board I think the chances of you being behind are too big.

Roman
07-18-2005, 06:40 PM
You gotta fold this in a 200... chance of a draw, but much better chance ur up against KQ or whatever.

DarrenX
07-18-2005, 07:11 PM
Thanks for the responses... 75% of you said fold, and that's what I did.

I think I showed all the strength I could, and he didn't back down. Without a read, he was either a maniac or had my kicker beat to a pulp, with a slight chance he was on a flush draw.

Just in general- Contrary to popular belief, there's still plenty of big, juicy fish at the $215s to feast on...

lacky
07-18-2005, 07:19 PM
I think the way it played out he hit a 3rd 9 or Q9 for the full house. that sudden show of force on the turn seem to be from the turn helping alot of the time.

Steve

durron597
07-18-2005, 07:29 PM
The pot is something like... 1520? And you have to call... 610? That means you have to be good only like 2 times in 7 to make this call.

I think you are committed here. I would hate myself for calling, but I don't think you can fold given the pot size.

ZeroPointMachine
07-18-2005, 07:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The pot is something like... 1520? And you have to call... 610? That means you have to be good only like 2 times in 7 to make this call.

I think you are committed here. I would hate myself for calling, but I don't think you can fold given the pot size.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.

I don't like it, but I call....
The only hand you don't have a chance against is Q9. Even 99 or AQ leaves you outs and I see alot of plays with TT,JJ or flush draws that just won't give you credit for a Q or know you will lay down a bad Q.

Apathy
07-18-2005, 08:03 PM
Wow, surprised by a lot of the responses. If I don't know the person I call this quite a bit at the 215s. You are simply ahead here way too often, I would say over 50%.

Those of you that said fold, do you play the 215s? I think you may be overestimating a lot of the people there by saying this is a fold.

Don't get me wrong I think its close, but I think it's a call against most.

raptor517
07-18-2005, 08:18 PM
call me weak tight but i actually fold for 5 chips. can get in a lot of trouble with a hand like this.. as you can see.. i duno, there are a lot of idiots in the 215s, but its tough to imagine yer ahead here.. i would probably fold. holla

lacky
07-18-2005, 08:20 PM
i play the 109's, and i usually call couse i suck at laying down good hands that are beat. the way this hand played out folding would be the right move, and unfortunately, yes, id prob still call

MSUcougar
07-18-2005, 08:24 PM
hmmm well I was at the table, though I don't remember the hand.

I don't really have any player-specific advice, but I usually call this. This bet screams of "I don't think you have a Q"... I've seen people push with all sorts of garbage like the flush draw, etc in spots like this in $215s... A better kicker would, of course, make this a much easier call...

adanthar
07-18-2005, 10:43 PM
It's not an easy fold. It's an easy check on the turn after he calls your raise, because this is a Q or the draw, plain and simple (and you're not as scared of the draw as of a raise you can't call).

PS: Those voting 'easy call' or 'this smacks of a middle pair' need to look at the buyin level one more time.

edit: BTW he played it exactly like I'd play a decent queen.

R_Brite_TDX
07-19-2005, 02:40 AM
Well, granted I have never even thought about playing a 215...but, I picked easy call partly because I am an idiot and you guys definetly started to sway my opinion towards folding and then I thought about it some more and have change back to call...because...

If you guys are saying villian has a queen with a better kicker or I believe someone said q9 making him boat it up on the turn why did he push with such strength? This just seems like a you dont have the queen bet to me. I would think if he was sitting on a good kicker queen or the boat then wouldnt he want to get maximum value from his hand here? I would assume at this hugh buyin levels that he knows how huge a favorite he is if he is facing a worse queen here...so why push? I mean hero is only showing moderate strength here...someone please explain this to me please.

Brite

curtains
07-19-2005, 02:41 AM
btw one quick note, in case some people don't realize it, this isn't really a great flop for us.

Nottom
07-19-2005, 04:22 AM
I'm usually play these spots very weakly.

My standard play is to bet out and play very cautiously if called/raised. The exact board/player may change that plan of course.

I hate a check raise here. Not only are you risking a free card to pocket pairs/flush draws, but when you raise you now have a huge pot that you can't really get away from. I am not looking to get all my chips in the pot here unless a Q or 3 comes down.

adanthar
07-19-2005, 10:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you guys are saying villian has a queen with a better kicker or I believe someone said q9 making him boat it up on the turn why did he push with such strength? This just seems like a you dont have the queen bet to me. I would think if he was sitting on a good kicker queen or the boat then wouldnt he want to get maximum value from his hand here? I would assume at this hugh buyin levels that he knows how huge a favorite he is if he is facing a worse queen here...so why push? I mean hero is only showing moderate strength here...someone please explain this to me please.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are 7 people in this hand. Some guy in MP bets (meaning nothing at all, but let's give him 88 or a 7). Some other guy right behind him calls with most of the field left to act (first sign of trouble, because a queen almost always gets checked on this flop and 88 shouldn't *call* here).

The SB CR's (queen, unless he is a big LAG or just bleeds chips a lot. Are you CR'ing a 7 into 7 people including someone who's called already?) A bunch of folds, the original bettor folds (expected), and the caller calls again (I have your kicker beat.)

Now you check the turn and fold to a bet you can't call (one that commits you to the pot). A bet here is gonna be raised every time and it'll usually be something like QJ or even 77.

Maximum value is not an issue because Hero is getting almost 3:1 to call by now and he has 9 outs to a split or boat (7 with a flush draw). If the guy has something like Q8, you've got over 20 outs to split. Value's not a big factor here at all.