PDA

View Full Version : Ride this turkey to showdown?

donger
07-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Villain in this hand is 34/20/2.2 with a WTSD of 39 after 1.2k hands. UTG is dreadful, 64/16/1.1 after only just 38 hands, but man is he bad so far.

This board is pretty dry, and I would imagine that somebody with these stats wouldn't get too frisky in a small, unraised pot with some sort of gutshot or middle pair, especially considering there's an awful player still waiting to act behind him (who will cold call his raise with any piece).

Anyway, I probably just answered my own question, but maybe some of you feel differently? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero..

etizzle
07-18-2005, 06:36 PM
i think you can solve this one by folding before the flop

donger
07-18-2005, 06:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think you can solve this one by folding before the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

You want me to fold an Ace for 2/3 of a SB against two (essentially) random hands? If the UTG limper weren't completely awful, I might understand, but I think folding an A here is bad.

EDIT: BTW, saying 'fold preflop' and nothing else is lazy and lame.

J.R.
07-18-2005, 06:41 PM
a 20 pfr would also raise many of the better aces preflop here I think. the other issue is your image, as this kinda guy will rob you if you play like a guppy. that all said, the pot is small and 2:5.5 means you have to be good just under 1 in 4 times. its close so if you fold be much more inclined to look him up next time its close. i think I'd fold but these decisions are the weakest part of my game.

etizzle
07-18-2005, 06:46 PM
A4o is really just trash. You're not running this hot and cold. If you flop an A and get action you are probably behind, like here. The reverse implied odds suck.

And if you flop a 4 you will be doing a lot of guessing OOP and your opponents will always have outs.

Lmn55d
07-18-2005, 06:53 PM
I think folding preflop here is a pretty big mistake.

donger
07-18-2005, 06:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you flop an A and get action you are probably behind, like here. The reverse implied odds suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see that the limper is like 64/16/1.1/~39? And plays really poorly? I'm pretty much certain to get action from second best hands if I flop a hand here.

etizzle
07-18-2005, 07:12 PM
are you limping this on the button?

Lmn55d
07-18-2005, 07:19 PM
if i was on the button and blinds were tight I would raise it. I probably would not limp it. In the sb, you are out of position but there are some advantages. You are getting a small discount and there is only 1 person to act behind you rather than 2. Thus there is less of a chance of someone having a better ace or another big hand, and less of a chance of it getting raised. I think theis hand is definitely worth a play. Also you can steal a lot of pots from sb.

deepsquat
07-18-2005, 09:45 PM
anyone like a pf raise here to isolate donk? Against a 64%er any A would have to have pf equity edge even w/out position. opinions

wheelz
07-19-2005, 12:23 AM
I'll ride it to showdown. He's aggro, you never know, and he can't have a good ace.