PDA

View Full Version : AKo against TA-A bad call down?

Falcon900EX
07-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Hello guys,

villian is TA-A with a AF of 6.5 had 90 hands from him.
Should i fold here on the turn or was my call down correct i put him on overcards.
Tx

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.75 BB

mantasm
07-18-2005, 06:12 PM
You can go ahead and cap preflop and lead the flop. He's probably 3betting pretty light when you open from mp2 if he's pretty aggressive. The flop lead doesn't make sense to me when you just call preflop. He's probably going to raise about 80% of the time just to keep the lead in the hand. I think check calling and check raising are both better and checkraising is probably best. But you should have capped preflop.

The later streets are hard because you played the first two so weird. Most players are going to take a free showdown with A high overcards, so keep that in mind on the river.

OddWorld
07-18-2005, 06:26 PM
The 3-bet PF tells you that he has somewhere between JJ-AA, AKo/s and maybe AQs. Pocket tens seems possible too, but less likely. The 3-bet PF also may have given your overcards away to him.
For the flop, I would check-raise. If he tries to 3-bet you, then you know your probably beat, so you would call to see the turn and check/fold if it doesn't help you.
If he doesn't 3-bet you, then you might be able to pick up a free card if you hit a spade draw.
By doing the check-raise, you get information to save you thoes extra bets spent on the turn and river.

callmedonnie
07-18-2005, 06:32 PM
sometimes you just have to let u/i hands go. and he has given plenty of reason to believe he has you beat.

jstewsmole
07-18-2005, 06:51 PM
I like mantasm's analysis alot.
I dont think u mentioned what his preflop aggression is like.

Considering though how u played this preflop i would do one of the following:

1. Check/call the flop. U have two overcards and 2 backdoors.(flush and st8) I d guess u have about 6 outs on the flop.(3 for overcards and 1.5 each for the backdoors)giving u 6.7/1 odds and ur getting 7.5 i believe. Betting out here is spewing given the way u just called preflop.
the other thing is the turn just ruined ur outs to the backdoors so now u might have about 3 outs and the pots laying u 5.something which is not enough to continue.
Even if all ur overcard outs were good ud still be incorrect to call the turn.

2. Against certain opponents that are really aggro but can make fold easier than others u might try making it 3 bets ont the flop, if he just calls it, lead the turn and see what happens.

3. Id go with the first

4. though i make it a point to call down anyone with a 6.5 AF postflp unless he has a vpip of like 5%. 6.5 AF is [censored] ridiculous.

Try number 2 at ur own risk.

mantasm
07-18-2005, 06:54 PM
That range is too narrow. More like AA-77, AKS-ATs, AK-AQ, KQs, I'd think.