PDA

View Full Version : Hand showing ruling

Matt Flynn
07-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Assume a no limit game. Showing hands on the river is done strictly in turn.

On the river, SB has shortest stack and bets all in, BB calls, button comes over the top all in, BB calls. Who shows first? Who shows second?

Same but action occurs on the turn. Who shows first? Who shows second?

Matt

soah
07-18-2005, 05:40 PM
The winner of the side pot should always be determined first, to prevent the SB from showing a winner and causing the side pot winner to accidently muck. So the button shows first, then the BB can either show or muck. Once the winner of the side pot is determined, the SB can show or muck.

Percula
07-18-2005, 05:43 PM
In all the rooms I have played in, it is the last person to take action.

E.g. on the river I bet, you call, I show first.

So based on that in yours, the button shows first, then the SB and finally the BB.

However in most live situations this doesn't come into play too often, generally the winner will flip their cards quickly unless they are trying to expose someone else's hand and this is when the order deal comes up, they have the winner and everyone else in the pot mucks face down while the pot is being pushed to the winner.

Opps, missed the AI part, prior post is correct.

aggie
07-18-2005, 05:53 PM
In both cases: button, then BB, then SB....

When the button and BB get it in on the turn the action is frozen and it's just as if they had gotten it in on the river.

AZK
07-18-2005, 05:57 PM
How does showing work, if action goes down on the turn but the river goes check, check. Who has to show first? The person who acts first or the person who drove the action on the previous street (e.g. I'm button but I raised the turn)?

soah
07-18-2005, 06:05 PM
The rules on that vary.

cero_z
07-19-2005, 12:29 PM
Hi Matt,

I love you too.

The Button got called, so he shows first for the side pot. Then, the BB either shows or mucks, and finally, the SB shows if he can beat the winner of the side pot for the main pot. Otherwise, he mucks.