PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here...

Michael O'Malley
07-18-2005, 05:17 PM
remember the first few months of Planet Poker? I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. The lobby looked like a real lobby, it was a picture of a lobby. You clicked on tables and it was a screen that had pictures of tables, with the stakes on them. There was maybe 12 tables in the screen. If you wanted to get chips you clicked on the picture of the cashier and there was a hot cashier there to help you.
I loved the sounds on Planet. WOOHOO, DOH, LOL. I'm going to see about getting those sounds put in on Party. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
If you said something mean to someone in the chat box you would get your chat blocked, or maybe even kicked off the site. Now I get mad if I dont get insulted once a round.
If someone has a screen shot of the old Planet client/lobby I would like to get ahold of it.

ActionBob
07-18-2005, 07:14 PM
Hahaha... Those were the days. I almost forgot about typing in LOL and DOH over and over just for kicks. I really hope someone can find some kind of screenshots from back then. I'd love to see them.

-ActionBob

eric5148
07-18-2005, 07:22 PM
Doesn't Roy Cooke represent them? You might want to try contacting him.

jasonHoldEm
07-18-2005, 09:02 PM
loo

tyvm,
J

kdog
07-18-2005, 09:13 PM
the sounds can be turned off like the "Congradulations" I'm all for it. If not I can see it becoming more annoying than www. AceFlop .com(no spaces) very quickly. And when is Party going to DO SOMETHING about chatbox spammers anyway?

ewile
07-18-2005, 10:37 PM
I started at the Planet Poker .05/.10 games. Good times!
There was a guy named Shrink who played those tables alot. Are you out there?

GrannyMae
07-18-2005, 11:20 PM
nh on the wsop

do you think they kept calling you omolly on purpose with the chip counts?

Michael O'Malley
07-19-2005, 01:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
nh on the wsop

do you think they kept calling you omolly on purpose with the chip counts?

[/ QUOTE ]

I hid from the guys at Card Player all day long each day. I would move tables and run with my chips before they could see where I was going. There is nothing worse than having your incompetencies put in print in real time. As for the name...I didnt follow myself at all /images/graemlins/smile.gif but I didnt hear them calling me something else. There was a Michael Malloy that finished around 180th, maybe you say his name? BTW, I watched for Granny all day on Day 1, I was stood up! /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TheHammer24
07-19-2005, 03:04 AM
is this what you are looking for?

www.pokertips.org/images/ss/planetpoker-big.jpg (http://www.pokertips.org/images/ss/planetpoker-big.jpg)

rusellmj
07-19-2005, 03:43 AM
Thats pretty busy, but it looks kinda cool.

Michael O'Malley
07-19-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
is this what you are looking for?

www.pokertips.org/images/ss/planetpoker-big.jpg (http://www.pokertips.org/images/ss/planetpoker-big.jpg)

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh no, thats incredibly new software for Planet Poker!

Alien_my_Arse
07-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Yeah, I remember. The old days.

The lowest game was 3-6. So if you were new and just learning poker, there was no microstakes to practice on.

I also remember it being so, so slow with at least a disconnect per round. You kind of just got used to it.

I also remember other sites using their software, remember Highlands Club!

I have a a returned (bounced) check from Planet from I belive early 1999. They were changing banks or something and sent me the wrong check. They called me and fixed it right away. I never mentioned it publicly as I trusted them and didn't want to hurt their new business.

Would love to see a screen shot. Doh

Bill Bixby
07-19-2005, 02:34 PM
i played planet in 1998! Also, do you guys remember POKER.COM? Does anyone here remember that site? I know it got replaced or something and is part of a network now, but those were the good old days. I would LOVE to see a screenshot of planerpoker from 1998 or Poker.com!

Michael O'Malley
07-19-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i played planet in 1998! Also, do you guys remember POKER.COM? Does anyone here remember that site? I know it got replaced or something and is part of a network now, but those were the good old days. I would LOVE to see a screenshot of planerpoker from 1998 or Poker.com!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, maybe it was 1998, come to think of it you might be right. I do remember poker.com. They built the site up pretty good, then they got shafted by the company they had purchased/leased the domain name from. One day they just took it away, and I believe poker.com reopened as Gaming Club?

Michael O'Malley
07-19-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I remember. The old days.

The lowest game was 3-6. So if you were new and just learning poker, there was no microstakes to practice on.

I also remember it being so, so slow with at least a disconnect per round. You kind of just got used to it.

I also remember other sites using their software, remember Highlands Club!

I have a a returned (bounced) check from Planet from I belive early 1999. They were changing banks or something and sent me the wrong check. They called me and fixed it right away. I never mentioned it publicly as I trusted them and didn't want to hurt their new business.

Would love to see a screen shot. Doh

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny. I remember Highlands. The owner gave me $1,000 to play on as a prop, I thought that was such a great deal back then!
I also have a bounced Planet check! Which reminds me. It used to be a running joke with my friends and neghbors about the DHL guy. Thats who Paradise used to deliver the checks. My friends would joke that he didnt knock, just came in, got something to drink and left an envelope on the table once a week. My neighbors thought I was dating a DHL driver!

GrannyMae
07-19-2005, 09:36 PM
I watched for Granny all day on Day 1, I was stood up!

i came late and you were not in the seat you gave me. i asked ken lambert and he said you were not there. it was sooo busy so i left. me coming back in august to look at some houses.

BIG, BIG trouble for you if we decide to move there.

I WANT COMPS!!! pull that pad out and stfu if you know what's good for you.

woooo

Michael O'Malley
07-20-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I watched for Granny all day on Day 1, I was stood up!

i came late and you were not in the seat you gave me. i asked ken lambert and he said you were not there. it was sooo busy so i left. me coming back in august to look at some houses.

BIG, BIG trouble for you if we decide to move there.

I WANT COMPS!!! pull that pad out and stfu if you know what's good for you.

woooo

[/ QUOTE ]

Perfect. I am leaving in August. I got a house for sale too! /images/graemlins/wink.gif