PDA

View Full Version : Turn semibluff

darker_days
07-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Fairly new to shorthanded, so just cecking that i'm learning right, heh.

Villian is a TAG 17%/11%/1.51 over 175 hands. 100% winrate at showdown

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, CO folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

He took his time on the checkraise, so either he multi-tables bad or didnt like his hand that much (ie pair less then a Q)

This a bad play against a TAG?

Trix
07-18-2005, 04:53 PM
As for now you are probably better off never overlimping on the button behind one player than doing it too much.

Raise preflop.

The turn seem very tough, it´s clearly correct if he is aggro enough to CR AK, 99 or similar as he will prolly fold those given his tightyness. He just seem a bit too tight for that and his AF is pretty low. I think I´d just call and try to hit.

ghostface
07-18-2005, 04:53 PM
I think this is a good play. The hands that villain could have that contain a queen are KQ, AQ, and QQ. You have a little fold equity here (unless he has an 8 obviously) so the raise coupled with the chance you will outdraw him make this a good play. I'd fold the river UI if he 3-bets.

JrJordan
07-18-2005, 05:53 PM
I raise PF to isolate the weak limper. SB's combo of PFR and flop c/r is pretty damn strange, seems like a monster instead of a marginal hand. Though, he could be trying to isolate an LP raise with a mid PP. That being said, I think the raise here is a good one. You've represented an 8 pretty well so far, and there's almost zero chance a SB PFR has one. If he has a mid PP, then you'll see a fold often enough for it to be +EV. Likewise, you have enough outs that you're really not losing much equity with the raise. At this point, the only hands he can really 3-bet you with are QQ and 88 (and maybe KK/AA if he's over aggro) so if you're playing well, you might be able to fold to the turn 3-bet since you're essentially drawing dead. If I was playing live though, I don't think I could make this fold, though I would probably just call a river bet.