PDA

View Full Version : Standard ?

Mig
07-18-2005, 04:39 PM
I don't think I underplayed my set this time. Maybe I overplayed it ?

Vilain is a TAG 23/18/2.3... When I check raised the turn I known I was ahead but a brick came on the river.. Maybe I should just have called his raise ?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls.

River: (8.75 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.75 BB

d10
07-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Looks good to me. At the point where he raises the river I still think you're up against AK, AQ, or AJ often enough to 3-bet. The cap afterwards would suggest something more like KQ or AA and you'll probably lose but not often enough to fold.

Trix
07-18-2005, 04:55 PM
IŽd cap preflop and dont think you can slow down on the river as you will see AJ or worse too often compared to AA.

MyssGuy
07-18-2005, 04:56 PM
If you're going to check the flop, you need to check-raise. After that I think it's fine.

However, what are the thoughts on leading it on the flop? HU, should we be worried about the flush? Is c/r and then leading the turn a better play? (c/r, you may be giving a free card to a flush draw.....)

ghostface
07-18-2005, 05:00 PM
I guess you cant slow down on the river but I'd expect to see KQ with a spade. I know I wouldnt have the guts to 3-bet in fear on AA or KQ; even a badly played JJ or something.

JrJordan
07-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Meh, I'm not crazy about your flop/turn combo here. I think you minimzed your profits on the first two streets. It looks like this guy is pretty overaggro. This might be a great time to bet the flop, and he'll autobet with either his overcards or TP type hand. You can smooth call the flop raise, and then decide whether you'd like to go for a turn c/r, or a donk bet/3-bet. I'd choose the bet/3bet line for the following reasons.
1.) If he has an overs UI hand, then he's going to check it through for the freecard. Donk betting here prevents this.
2.) An aggro player isn't going to just call with TPTK. 90% of the time he will raise for "value" and give you the chance to 3-bet. However, they will just call down to a turn c/r because of the strength it shows.

On the river, I think I could go either way with a river call or 3-bet. The TAG could be raising any number of two pair hands such as AJ or AT, or even an over aggro AK/AQ that just hit. It sucks that he caps, but I can still be convinced that 3-bet has value to it.