PDA

View Full Version : Do you name your cars?

Shajen
07-18-2005, 04:20 PM
Do you name your vehicles?

If so, do you have a good story behind the name(s)?

swede123
07-18-2005, 04:22 PM
Naming cars work for classic cars in good shape. Under any other circumstances it is a pretty queer practice.

Swede

miajag81
07-18-2005, 04:22 PM
i used to drive a lexus i referred to as "alexis." coincidentally alexis is what my parents would have named me if i had been a girl.

nothumb
07-18-2005, 04:25 PM
When I used to drive a Dodge Neon it was named Leroy. Some friends were drinking one night and making fun of my car. My car was missing some windows, the front end was dinged up and the hood was bent so it wouldn't stay down. I tried to keep it down with duct tape and rope but it flew up a few times, causing the windshield to be cracked severely. It was also covered in stickers.

Beyond all this, someone made the keen observation that, if cars have facial expressions, the Dodge Neon (circa 1996 or so) had the facial expression of a retarded kindergartener. So, Leroy.

NT

TheMainEvent
07-18-2005, 04:26 PM
Rhonda the Honda

lucas9000
07-18-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i used to drive a lexus i referred to as "alexis." coincidentally alexis is what my parents would have named me if i had been a girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

IF??

lucas9000
07-18-2005, 04:29 PM
i think naming cars is pretty much retarded...unless you're this guy:

http://www.damox.com/entertainment/dazed_and_confused/david_wooderson.jpg

jakethebake
07-18-2005, 04:31 PM
When I was on Okinawa, I had an old Honda Civic we called "The Babe Magnet". She was covered in rust. Where there were actual holes in the roof, I covered them with camoflage duct tape. One of the rear fenders had rusted through and there was a hole about 24" x 8" so you could reach right into the trunk. I rebuilt the fender out of cardboard and duct tape. I paid $250 for her. I gave her to a friend of mine when I left the island. He gave her to another friend, etc.

Great memories of that car.

Shajen
07-18-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't name my vehicles, however several people mentioned to me that I should. I currently drive a red 2004 F-150 supercab.

She's a vicious wench, and I love her. But no name. I believe they have to earn the name. My friends disagree. I think I need new friends.

David Wooderson
07-18-2005, 04:44 PM
Let me tell you what Melba Toast is packin' right here, alright. We got 411 Positrac outback, 750 double pumper Edelbrock intakes, bored over 30, 11 to 1 pop-up pistons, turbo-jet 390 horsepower. We're talkin' some [censored]' muscle.

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-18-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't name my vehicles, however several people mentioned to me that I should. I currently drive a red 2004 F-150 supercab.

She's a vicious wench, and I love her. But no name. I believe they have to earn the name. My friends disagree. I think I need new friends.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you haven't already named 'her' Big Red?

Shajen
07-18-2005, 05:03 PM
Nah man, like I said I don't typically do this, but if I were to name her* she'd have to earn it. Cannot be arbitrarily given.

*yes, all cars are women

Bulldog
07-18-2005, 05:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldn't afford a car so she named her daughter Alexus

Bradyams
07-18-2005, 05:11 PM
I had a little 1984 GMC S15 I got for free when I was a sophomore in high school. It didn't run worth a damn so my friends and I got a rebuilt engine and replaced it. Ran like a dream when we got done with it. I also rigged up the stereo system so that I could put the speakers on the outside for tailgating. So we used it a lot for tailgating before football games. It had a lot of sentimental value to me so I named it.

I had to sell it last year though for money for college. It was really hard to let it go.

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-18-2005, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I had a little 1984 GMC S15 I got for free when I was a sophomore in high school. It didn't run worth a damn so my friends and I got a rebuilt engine and replaced it. Ran like a dream when we got done with it. I also rigged up the stereo system so that I could put the speakers on the outside for tailgating. So we used it a lot for tailgating before football games. It had a lot of sentimental value to me so I named it.

I had to sell it last year though for money for college. It was really hard to let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]
You [censored]. You didn't tell us what you named the damned thing.

Bradyams
07-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Oops.

Since it was a Jimmy (GMC) I named it Jimbo. Simple and retarded, but for some reason that's what stuck with it. It looked kind of white trashish, and Jimbo fit well with that image.

razor
07-18-2005, 05:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I named it Jimbo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I see why you left it out of an otherwise good story...

Bradyams
07-18-2005, 05:19 PM
Like I said, it was retarded, but it really did fit well with the image. It's not like it was a beautiful pickup. Frankly, it looked like a piece of [censored], but it ran great.

Arnfinn Madsen
07-18-2005, 05:28 PM
Mine is named James. He stands there faithfully /images/graemlins/smile.gif.