PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty of Daytime SnG's compared to daytime ring games

TwoNiner
07-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Hey guys, I primarily play shorthanded but I'm looking to get back into playing some more SnG's. I was thinking of doing the majority of my SNG playing during the daytime "off hours". My hypothesis was that the overall tightness and competency of players would still hurt your SNG perfermance compared to late night playing with drunks, but not to the same degree as it would ring games where you constantly hammer on loose players. I'm far from an accomplished tourney guy, but it seems more of the edge is gained from an overall grasp of situations rather than having the loose guys at the table, and possibly getting into a position to take advantage of him.

Am I right in thinking this way? And for those of yall that play a lot how do your daytime party numbers compare to the busy hours. Input from those that play SNG's and rings is great too. Thanks

EricW
07-18-2005, 03:59 PM
I honestly don't think it makes a difference.

Lady Dont Tekno
07-18-2005, 04:01 PM
I see this question so often and while this isn't the answer you were looking for:

Develop a game that is profitable at all times against all opponents.

I hate fishing.

LDT

Sabrazack
07-18-2005, 04:02 PM
You are never getting called by 4c3c by a guy with 10xBB behind when you push your jacks from MP during lowtime. This has happened during primetime, also got called by j6, 66, 22, etc... You get the point. I think its a big difference, but it could just be due to variance.

ChoicestHops
07-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Doesnt make a difference imo.

TwoNiner
07-18-2005, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Doesnt make a difference imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean day to night in SNG's? or no difference b/w them and ring games?

ChoicestHops
07-18-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You mean day to night in SNG's? or the difference b/w them and ring games?

[/ QUOTE ]

SnG's. I have a small sample size, but I dont see a difference. If anything, the day timers are tighter giving you much more stealing opportunities.

raptor517
07-18-2005, 04:31 PM
tbh, i hate playing with COMPLETE donks, only half donks. donks that KINDA know whats going on, but dont do everything correctly. the ones that know how to fold a hand on the bubble, etc. i hate getting called by Q2 when im shoving JTs. its awful. ugh. boo. hiss. basically, im saying i like playing during the day MORE than late at night or on 'crazy' weekends. over a bajillion sngs, monday is my best day. holla

The Don
07-18-2005, 04:34 PM
Agreed. I need people who have a concept of the bubble.

ChoicestHops
07-18-2005, 04:36 PM
Raptor's got the same thinking as me. It seems there's alot more loose aggressive's at night, which can either be bad or good depending on how you look at it. For me it seems there are many more suckouts, which means you need to play many more SnG's to straighten out the variance.

Jay36489
07-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Wow, I thought I was the only one. I understand the concepts of "where the money comes from", "FTOP" etc, but was always baffled by the fact that the late night drunken games are the death of me. I think its just the fact that in those late night games you often hit the bubble on lvl 4, and of course you are shortstacked, and have 0% FE against huge stacks that doubled and tripled up with their 2nd pair calling all ins by flushdraws etc... It really makes you dependant on cards which dont always come.

TwoNiner
07-18-2005, 04:41 PM
Thanks guys, that's kind of the direction I was thinking. Had a game earlier today where the tightness definitely worked to my favor in the later stages.