Thanks.

Result:
Hero reraised to 360
BB reraised all-in
UTG called
Hero called

BB A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG Q /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
River Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="white">

Wes ManTooth
07-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Why did you Re-Re-raise to 360? I can't think of anything good with that raise.

Buckyinsc
07-18-2005, 03:24 PM
I agree that the reraise to 360 was dumb/pointless, and then after doing it, I think that calling both of them after they were already all in was even worse.

durron597
07-18-2005, 03:25 PM
Would be nice if we knew the buyin, stack sizes, whether it was live or online, etc. etc. etc.

Please read the FAQ for what information should be included in a post.

liucipher
07-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Folding is certainly a good option.

If you play the levels I do ($6 &amp; $11s) I would flat call because all kinds of idiocy occurs there and it's only t120 more to you.

Reraising however, is not good. While your AKs may be good (as in live) it is most likely NOT dominating both hands. If you're lucky, you're dominating one hand and racing the other (remember though that in this situation you're no longer truly racing as one of your outs is dead). The likelihood of you being up against AQ AND KJ with this kind of action is low.

See a flop and if you miss, let the other two players duke it out, since one most likely has a pocket pair they're not letting go.

If you hit the flop, well you are going broke my friend given the AA out there.

ChoicestHops
07-18-2005, 03:26 PM
No point in the continual re-raises. I dont think I would even re-raise here after UTG, as he will most likely call the re-raise anyway.

After the BB reraises and UTG calls, I call. When the flop looks like this, I fold.

I never get married to AK at the first level.

Sabrazack
07-18-2005, 03:31 PM
It all depends on stack sizes, you have not given them here so its kinda hard. But im assuming its not a party Sitngo since they dont have 10/20 blinds. Im folding here, unless im shortstacked.

AliasMrJones
07-18-2005, 03:31 PM
After BB re-re-raises, I call and then check/fold from the flop on.

Buckyinsc
07-18-2005, 03:33 PM
Sorry, it was $5+.50, I should have included that of course, and it was the first hand as indicated in subject line.

durron597
07-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Yes but you didn't say whether the stacks are 800 or 1500, there is a huge difference.

Slim Pickens
07-18-2005, 03:36 PM
It's sounding like this is a tournament where you start with 1500 chips, right? That's important. Starting with 800 chips as you would in a low-level Party tournamnet, I'd give some thought to pushing, although I probably fold to a re-re-raise and a call. Calling doesn't really strike me as an option. With 1500 chips to start, I call, then check/fold that flop.

wiggs73
07-18-2005, 03:50 PM
UTG raises to 40.
You re-raise to 120.

This play is fine.

BB min-re-reraises.

This looks bad to me. He isn't doing this on a steal and he isn't doing this with a hand that needs improvement. At least he shouldn't be.

UTG calls.

The next sign that you're in trouble. How many hands are min-raising in first position and then cold calling 2 more raises? This very suspicious.

You min-re-re-reraise.

WTF? This is awful. You aren't going to isolate a player like this. It's an ineffective way to build the pot if that's what you're trying to do (and it shouldn't be, btw) because you could build an even larger pot with a larger raise. They both have already shown great strength, they aren't going anywhere to a larger-than-the-minimum raise. I wouldn't fold your hand at this point, but I think the best play is to call. Second to that is raising, but by a larger amount. I'd make this at least t600 to go if you have t1500 starting stacks. Even then, you've managed to get 1/3 of your stack in with a hand that needs improvement, which isn't good either. But I still like it better than the min-re-re-reraise or whatever it is by this time. Third, I like a fold, but you're getting way too good of odds to do that, even if you're fairly sure you're behind. I don't put your play anywhere on my list. I put that on my list of things I wouldn't do unless I had a gun to my head.

BB re-re-re-reaises to all-in.

You should be somewhat certain that AK is no longer good. The absolute worst hand he does this with is AK I think.

UTG calls all-in.

You should be fairly confident that AK is no longer even a coinflip and at the very least, you're missing at least 2 outs, so your odds of hitting the hand are even worse now if it is a coinflip. It's an easy fold now.

You call all-in
The correct move is now to pray for a miracle.

Buckyinsc
07-18-2005, 04:51 PM
After the hands were revealed I felt like the light bulb went on just in time to see myself get run over by the train.

I figured that I should have either called the re-re-raise or folded after giving the hand some thought, but considering how poorly I played the hand in the first place, I didn't want to further complicate things buy coming to the wrong conclusion in my evaluation.

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

sng-sam
07-18-2005, 05:47 PM
what they said.

SAM