PDA

View Full Version : 2/4 hand...

OnkelHotte
07-18-2005, 02:46 PM
villian was TAG. i think preflop is borderline decision?

thoughts?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (9.25 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 11.25 BB

krimson
07-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Pre-flop call is fine.

I would probably c/r rather than leading this flop. Villian will likely auto-bet the flop so you don't need to worry about it getting checked through. I think the c/r will get you a better read. He will likely 3-bet big pairs and call with overcards.

The K on the river is pretty scary. I guess b/f would be the correct play?

crunchy1
07-18-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the c/r will get you a better read.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't.

[ QUOTE ]
He will likely 3-bet big pairs and call with overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]
If I'm UTG w/an overpair I'm only 3-betting if UTG+1 called and I want the extra value on the flop. If Hero c/r and I know it's HU I'm smooth calling and raising the turn.

krimson
07-18-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm UTG w/an overpair I'm only 3-betting if UTG+1 called and I want the extra value on the flop. If Hero c/r and I know it's HU I'm smooth calling and raising the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was actually going to mention that line in my post. If hero took the flop line I mentioned, and got called and popped on the turn, then it is a pretty easy fold as that play screams of value betting.

Bodhi
07-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Why did you check-raise the turn? When he raised the flop, villain is representing an overpair (or ATs/KTs). By check-raising you just scared him into calling down--I don't even think you have sufficient pot-odds to show down after the flop. I check-fold the turn.

With only one caller I fold this preflop.

Nick C
07-18-2005, 04:11 PM
I'd call or fold preflop, depending partly on my mood at the time. I think it is borderline. (Make the T9 suited, though, and I'm definitely playing.)

I think the flop lead is all right, espeicially if you think UTG+1 will raise with overcards on this hard-to-hit flop. (If you're just up against overcards, though, UTG+1 and UTG+2 may be sharing some outs, and the pot is fairly small anyway, so I think checkraising the flop is also a legitimate option.)

On the turn, I would check-call, I think, or maybe bet-fold. I don't know if UTG+1 was the type to raise overcards or not, but I don't think most players will raise AQ again on the turn after getting bet into a second time. Anyway, he'll bet 88-99 again, and it's quite possible he'll fire again with overcards too, but if you think there's a good chance he'll take a free card if one is offered, then that becomes a reason to bet. Also, if he can be counted on to raise if he has you crushed, then that's another reason to bet (as it would let you dump a 2-outer more cheaply). With the board paired like it is, your outs situation is awful if you're behind an overpair. However, if he'll raise again with 88-99, then a bet-fold line becomes more risky.

In any event, the turn checkraise seems a bit reckless to me, but if you had a read that UTG+1 played very aggressively postflop after raising preflop whether the board hit him or not, then the case for the checkraise does improve.

That river card sucks. I think I would just check-call. You aren't getting paid off by AQ/AJ, the chances that you're ahead just went down, and maybe Villain will check behind with QQ-JJ, after the strength you've shown. Possibly he'll bluff an AQ/AJ hand he wouldn't call with, too, but I wouldn't count on it. If Villain actually bet after I checked, I'd be expecting to lose.

OnkelHotte
07-18-2005, 05:03 PM
thank u for ur great post! i totally aggree that C/C river would've been the better choice!

Buck_65
07-18-2005, 05:12 PM
Good flop bet, you and UTG+1 worked together to knock UTG+2 out of the hand. I think I bet out on the turn instead of check-raise, though. Not sure about your river bet, I'm check-calling there. Do you get called by 99 or AQ here often enough and does he have specifically a hand like that here for a bet to show profit? I think not, but it is worth showing down for 1 bet.