PDA

View Full Version : Hachem endorsement deals less cuz hes in australia?

PokerPaul
07-18-2005, 02:37 PM
just wondering.....

either ways he's set cu of his 7.5 mill win, but will he be marketed as much as say Moneymaker

Salva135
07-18-2005, 02:44 PM
I was actually just about to post this question. It's most likely that he's going to go back to Australia, and while he may become a poker celebrity down under, unless he joins the WPT and starts playing in major tournaments, we're unlikely to see the same sort of marketing of Hachem that we did of Moneymaker and Raymer. Anyone agree/disagree?

meow_meow
07-18-2005, 03:29 PM
Does Hachem really want to tour supermarkets hawking whiskey anyway?

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2737114&page=&view=&s b=5&o=

transmitt
07-18-2005, 03:34 PM
Greg wasn't as big a deal as Moneymaker even though the payout was bigger (not to mention Greg proved this year he isn't a one hit wonder--though for those in the know it isn't a surprise). Depends on ESPN's coverage, my guess is no, but they'll fine a character who didn't win to keep the poker push going. For every Greg there is a Matias Andersen. Too early to ask how many entrants in next year's ME?

ohkanada
07-18-2005, 04:08 PM
Well both Greg and Money had Pokerstars behind them which helped a lot. I am sure Hachem will hookup with somebody, but the question is will he play all the events? It would be difficult for him to play all the WPT events unless his family moves here or he is willing to spend a lot of time away from them.

Ken