PDA

View Full Version : KK, A comes on the turn. What do I do?

wyrd
07-18-2005, 02:33 PM
This is from a hand I just played. In the previous hand I had pocket Kings (yes, that's right, pocket Kings two hands in a row) and won quite a large chunk off hitting quad Kings. I just sat down at the table so I have no reads yet.

In any case, I'm unsure of what to do in the following situation. Any advice would be appreciated.

Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero ?? What do I do?

sy_or_bust
07-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Micro-Limit (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=micro)

krimson
07-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Very read specific. For the most part I think you could fold this. Typically when a passive all of a sudden comes alive it's because they hit a hand. Plus the CO could cause you problems as well if you decide to call down.

wyrd
07-18-2005, 03:26 PM
Sorry, wasn't sure what limit broke off from micro-limit. These games are raked so I went with small stakes.

Bodhi
07-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Getting 7:2 effective odds, you may as well showdown to see what he has and not give the impression of a nit who will fold to a single donk-bet.

krimson
07-18-2005, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Getting 7:2 effective odds, you may as well showdown to see what he has and not give the impression of a nit who will fold to a single donk-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a 3rd player in the pot to act behind us so these effective odds are incorrect. We may have to call down 3BB if he has an ace and raises. However, if CO raises behind we can much more safely fold this hand.

Bodhi
07-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Yeah, you're right that a raise behind us would suck.

Bluffoon
07-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I dont like calling with the player behind yet to act and folding may encourage players to take shots at you on scare cards.

It is going to cost you at least two bets to call this down anyway. Why not raise to try and knock out the hand behind you and go for a free showdown? Id think you could safely fold to any subsequent action.

krimson
07-18-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
...folding may encourage players to take shots at you on scare cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we're over valuing this. Nothing in this hand suggests that we have something as strong as KK. It's not like we capped pre-flop and then fold to a donk-bet. From villians point of view we probably had KQ or KJ and took a stab at the flop. I think the problem is that we FEEL weak folding, and that's why we don't want to do it.