PDA

View Full Version : 2/5 NL - lay down top set on the flop?

donkey
07-18-2005, 02:20 PM
I just sat down so no reads on any of the players.
Villain has 550, I have him covered.

I'm dealt KK on the button. 3 limpers and i bump it to 30. Villain calls (UTG), and 1 other limper calls.

Flop is KQJ rainbow. Villain leads for 90. 2nd limper folds. I raise to 260. Villain pushes.

On the flop lead I put villain on JJ, QK as the most likely hands. I doubt he limp/calls with QQ or AK preflop. A10 seems unlikely to call 6x raise OOP preflop. T9s seemed possible too but unlikely to call a preflop raise OOP. KT, QT, JT, KJ are other possibilities.

Does anyone just call the flop here and see what the turn brings? Or should I just get all my chips in the middle and hope to fill up if he flopped a straight.

When he pushed over the top all in on the flop I decided he must have T9. Should i fold to the push with no reads? I dont have the odds to fill up if villain has the straight. or is the chance of Villain having an underset/2 pair/some other garbage too high?

- donkey

radioheadfan
07-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Easy, easy call of his push. You played it perfectly.

gomberg
07-18-2005, 02:29 PM
easiest call in the world - and you do have odds to fill if he has a straight.

FoxwoodsFiend
07-18-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just sat down so no reads on any of the players.
Villain has 550, I have him covered.

I'm dealt KK on the button. 3 limpers and i bump it to 30. Villain calls (UTG), and 1 other limper calls.

Flop is KQJ rainbow. Villain leads for 90. 2nd limper folds. I raise to 260. Villain pushes.

On the flop lead I put villain on JJ, QK as the most likely hands. I doubt he limp/calls with QQ or AK preflop. A10 seems unlikely to call 6x raise OOP preflop. T9s seemed possible too but unlikely to call a preflop raise OOP. KT, QT, JT, KJ are other possibilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with this kind of joke post is the kind of person you're trying to get to stop posting such easy questions isn't the kind that's going to get your post. He's just going to keep refreshing this link until somebody tells him whether or not a call is correct.

aggie
07-18-2005, 02:56 PM
He can accidently expose A-10 and you still have an easy call

aggie
07-18-2005, 02:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's just going to keep refreshing this link until somebody tells him whether or not a call is correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's me....Didn't realize that this was a joke post until you pointed it out. /images/graemlins/smile.gif