PDA

View Full Version : The Wall..

07-18-2005, 02:10 PM
Hello all this is my first post on here so don't flame on me too hard if u dont like it, it has been somethign I have been thinking of for a few days now.

Alright there has been much talk of peoples "longest" downswings or variance. It was not until recently i got out of my funk, before it i was playing somewhat solid poker, i then hit my varience wall head on. At this time I was playing 5,10,20, and sometimes 30 and 50$ games. I had taken a swing which was pretty close to if not a little more 50-60 games over a 500game period. Now i was wondering if a normal downswing could be the equivalent to an athlete "hitting the wall". From my experience this seems to be very similar as far as mindset and what not. Because in both incidents I have been able to come out playing better than before once my "mental lapse" or "variance" or whatever you want to call it came to an end. Before my hitting my variance I would say i was the average player cashing out a few hundred every few days. But recently I would say im about 60-70% winning on 50,100,200 and step tourneys(its a solid guess, give or take 5% for error) and up close to 10k over past month or so and over a 50 game period. I know this is rather lengthy and the formation is horriable but, would there be a way the 2,(variance and athletes "wall") the 2 could be grouped together. or am i thinking too much into variance or whater? let the flaming begin :-)