PDA

View Full Version : ARE B&M PLAYERS BETTER THAN INTERNET PLAYERS?....YES

Nalapoint1
07-18-2005, 02:00 PM
I think that based on WSOP results, B&M players will consistantly out perform internet players over the long run.

The above statement is a starting point to get some dialouge going.Comments please.

SomethingClever
07-18-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The above statement is a ridiculous piece of trollery to get some dialouge going.

[/ QUOTE ]

sekrah
07-18-2005, 02:05 PM
Poop.

augie00
07-18-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think that based on WSOP results, B&M players will consistantly out perform internet players over the long run.

The above statement is a starting point to get some dialouge going.Comments please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that based upon WSOP results, Joseph Hachem is the greatest poker player around right now, and he will consistently out perform all other professionals in the long run.

The above statement is a starting point to get some dialoge going. Comments please.

Oh wait.

45suited
07-18-2005, 02:24 PM
I think that based upon my last SNG, I'm quitting my job since my new ROI is 354%

oops, i better add that i was being sarcastic before i get flamed /images/graemlins/grin.gif

InAPipeDream
07-18-2005, 02:31 PM
I thought that too after winning 4 SnG's in a row, only the 5th in my life. I found that I turn into a p*ssy though, when I get into a higher money SnG's ($100+). Ring games too...I'm fine until I step into a $3/$6 game. Obviously psycological, because the hands that beat me aren't any better than at the $1/$2 tables. Need to get over the hump.

MaxPower
07-18-2005, 02:46 PM
OK, Now I just have to figure out which category I belong in.

arod15
07-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Yes because you cant practice table image on the internet. Table image is very important......

MonkeeMan
07-18-2005, 03:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. After all, the current WSOP champ is a B&M player, and he will be champ for a year, which is a long time.

meow_meow
07-18-2005, 03:25 PM
I think, after reading this thread, that some people need to open a dictionary once in a while and learn to spell dialogue properly.

Oh yeah, and that blanket statements based on nothing do not make a good starting point for a dialogue.

MonkeeMan
07-18-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think, after reading this thread, that some people need to open a dictionary once in a while and learn to spell dialogue properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

How quaint, a dictionary that you "open". Do they sell these on Amazon?

arod15
07-18-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, and that blanket statements based on nothing do not make a good starting point for a dialogue.

[/ QUOTE ]
whet on earf r u takin abut. The speling loks gret to me

Nalapoint1
07-18-2005, 03:59 PM
I think, after reading this response, that some people should question there own reading comprehension before responding.

AngusThermopyle
07-18-2005, 04:11 PM
Didn't at least 5 of the final table get in via online sites ( 2 Party, 2 Stars, 1 Absolute)?

Besides, aren't many players Bi now anyway?

jojobinks
07-18-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think, after reading this response, that some people should question there own reading comprehension before responding.

[/ QUOTE ]

their, in this case.

Bulldog
07-18-2005, 04:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK, Now I just have to figure out which category I belong in.

[/ QUOTE ]

WDC
07-18-2005, 04:34 PM
what do you mean? I wear my sunglasses while on the internet and never yell whoopee when I flop quads.

10-20Jerome
07-18-2005, 04:36 PM
I perfer B&M and for the most part the play is better there. But the internet is a differnt game, I think,wait,I know you can steam of some money pretty quick online. Internet is str8 forward, in B&M you can look at someone and kinda tell what type of person they are. That helps me alot, thats just me thou

BigF
07-18-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Repeat after me. "WSOP is a B&M event. WSOP is a B&M event."

Nalapoint1
07-18-2005, 06:33 PM
think players that started out B&M are better than those that started out online. I think that B&M are able to adjust to online play easier than internet players are able to adjust to B&M play.

I bring this subject up because I have noticed that the internet players are doing rather poorly when compared to the true B&M players in these major tournaments, the most recent being WSOP.

I also notice that the goal of a true B&M player{I am not referring to the drunk recreational player} is to improve at every level in order to be able to compete against the best players with the biggest stakes.

The internet players, at least on 2+2, seem to want to improve and build up a bankroll by starting at $.01/$.02(1 cent/ 2 cents}, and then fighting their way all the way up to 8 tables of $3/$6 , at which point they consider quitting their jobs to go "pro".

Nalapoint1
07-18-2005, 06:38 PM
QUOTE:Repeat after me. "WSOP is a B&M event. WSOP is a B&M event

REPEAT after me. I can Not do my own thinking. I can Not do my own thinking.

WhiskyRiver
07-18-2005, 07:04 PM
While it is a blanket statement that doesn't amount to much on its own, it does have merit as a decent starting point (regardless of the not-so witty comments that say otherwise. Sidenote: in my experience 2+2 has the most disproportionate people who ARE witty to people who think/try to be witty of the many boards I frequent). Just look at what Raymer said: Kanter wasn't playing him, he was playing the cards. In the long run, being able to play the player is going to separate the good from the mediocre when it come to B&M tournies. So depending on what you are saying they are "better" at (tournaments, ring games, online games, etc.), there is merit to the statement.

Nalapoint1
07-18-2005, 07:29 PM
I agree 100% and then some.I think a lot of 2+2 people are rather young, early 20s to early 30s. I try to give just enough info to get their creative thought processes working so they can think on their feet but it is rather difficult at times because they tend to lack reading comprehension.

I remember a writing course I took many years ago taught by a highly published author.This is what she said our very first class as she walked into the room: rubberband, hardboiled egg, and bra.You students have 90 minutes to write a handwritten 3 page short story incorporating all three items into the story. I was amazed at how many were not able to get more than one paragraph, 70% of class.

Godfather80
07-18-2005, 07:30 PM
What a great thread!

Nalapoint1
07-19-2005, 02:23 PM
There seems to be enough winning B&M players that cant beat the online game to ask this question.

Playing only ONE TABLE at a time online do the B&M players tend to suffer more bad beats than at B&M room?

If yes,why