PDA

View Full Version : three car accidents in the same year

stankybank
07-18-2005, 12:27 PM
two of them was my fault. one was not.

anyone have a similar situation? I want to know if it's likely my insurance company will kick me out. I have 21st century insurance. my car is leased. I assume the premium will go up again, does anyone know around how much?

gosh, this is such a pain.

skoal2k4
07-18-2005, 12:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
two of them was my fault. one was not.

anyone have a similar situation? I want to know if it's likely my insurance company will kick me out. I have 21st century insurance. my car is leased. I assume the premium will go up again, does anyone know around how much?

gosh, this is such a pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you still have a license?

stankybank
07-18-2005, 12:55 PM
I'm not sure. I've been driving for ~10 years now. my 1st accident was ~5 years ago. not my fault. someone rear-ended me.

then, this happens. 3 in 1 year. gross.

any predictions as to what will happen now?

groo
07-18-2005, 01:00 PM
hopefully, you'll starty paying more attention.

skoal2k4
07-18-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure. I've been driving for ~10 years now. my 1st accident was ~5 years ago. not my fault. someone rear-ended me.

then, this happens. 3 in 1 year. gross.

any predictions as to what will happen now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if you do find an insurance company that will take you, your rates will probably be through the roof. Insurance companies will still penalize you for an accident even if it isn't your fault. Are you a multi-tasker while driving? (cell phone, eating, etc.)

chaas4747
07-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Look for about a 100 - 150% increase in you car insurance. This will last for three years. Clean up your driving record or you will get hosed for the rest of you life with this [censored].

Fred G Sanford
07-18-2005, 03:25 PM
In part it depends on the amounts of the claims. I had a similar experience about 10 years ago. I had 3 accidents in 14 months. 1 my fault, 2 not, but all had insurance claims.

I had no claims for the previous 7 years and no tickets. The cost for my company to keep me on the policy tripled because I was a primary driver on the policy.

Also I had to retake the road test which I managed to fail!!

FGS