PDA

View Full Version : Chuck E Cheese...

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Alright, so the wife and I are taking her little cousin to Chuck E Cheese tonight to celebrate her 4th birthday. It has been at least 20 years since I have set foot inside such an establishment and my perspective was entirely different back then. My plan is to find the most +EV ticket game and dominate it for all it's worth so I can take home a plastic army man or a bouncy ball or some [censored]. I figure that's a good way to spend about $29043765. They still have that one game where you beat the hell out of the gophers, right? I'll be sure to hit that one at least once. This is all assuming they don't have Ms. Pacman and that I'll be able to play any games anyway without the birthday girl climbing all over me.

Who's got some tips for me on the best ticket game? I need a high-payout game and I need to know how to exploit it to its fullest, not that I won't be able to figure it out pretty quickly anyway. Also, is the pizza there any good?

jakethebake
07-18-2005, 12:11 PM
I was there a couple of months ago. Whack-a-Mole and Skeeball were the only things I even recognized. The pizza is very mediocre. But they do hire teenage girls with nice tight little bodies.

BeerMoney
07-18-2005, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, is the pizza there any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

It sucks and it blows. When I was a kid I remember it being awesome. Now, and both sucks and blows.

swede123
07-18-2005, 12:12 PM
The best game is usually some sort of wheel of fortune type spinning thing. You have to push a button so the wheel stops at a certain payout value. Obviously the highest payouts are narrower than the crappy values, but often the machines don't spin all that fast and you can figure out what the lag is between pushing the button and the wheel stopping.

If that's not an option I'd go for skeeball, usually pretty easy to get into a rhythm and dominate pretty good.

Swede

samjjones
07-18-2005, 12:14 PM
How about a TR?

bosoxfan
07-18-2005, 12:16 PM
The place is loud as hell. I play skeeball to win tickets for my 5 year old. The pizza sauce is bland I guess they do that for the kids but it's still pretty good.

Marc B
07-18-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, is the pizza there any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe someone else said this before:
"going to Chuck E. Cheese to eat good food is like watching wrestling for the fine acting"

Dudd
07-18-2005, 12:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The best game is usually some sort of wheel of fortune type spinning thing. You have to push a button so the wheel stops at a certain payout value. Obviously the highest payouts are narrower than the crappy values, but often the machines don't spin all that fast and you can figure out what the lag is between pushing the button and the wheel stopping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that game is aimed at 5 year olds with 5 year old reflexes. I hope things have gotten better in the intervening 20 years.

RacersEdge
07-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Play skeeball and learn how to bank it off the sideboard, and the tickets will start spewing.

stankybank
07-18-2005, 12:36 PM
skee-ball. pick a side table. discrete, so no one, especially employees can see you. walk next to the max point hole thingy and just drop a few balls in there every single time your game begins.

enjoy your army men /images/graemlins/grin.gif

btw - I went there around 4-5 years ago. Their pizza was okay from what I remember. I thought it was better when I was younger though cuz I didn't eat at any other pizza joint.

kerssens
07-18-2005, 12:39 PM
The last time I went to such a place was CaesarLand in Chicago. I didn't get a chance to play anything cause my lady's goddaughter wanted me to watch her slide down the slide, repeatedly, for hours.

[censored]
07-18-2005, 12:41 PM
Dear Patrick,

Good luck on making Chuck your bitch.

jakethebake
07-18-2005, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The last time I went to such a place was CaesarLand in Chicago. I didn't get a chance to play anything cause my lady's goddaughter wanted me to watch her slide down the slide, repeatedly, for hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last time I went, they had this thing where kids can climb around in tunnels up by the ceiling. My kid's little friend climbed up in there and freaked out. He was stuck up there and screaming and crying hysterically while his dad tried to direct him to the slide through the little 6x6 windows avery few feet.

M2d
07-18-2005, 12:45 PM
They have beer, pizza (or a somewhat reasonable facsimile), video games and hot teenage chick workers. what's the problem?

morgan180
07-18-2005, 12:46 PM
My brother just went to a party there for one of our family friend's kids. He said that it is the dirtiest, dingiest, shitiest place on the planet. He remembered it being so cool, but the mouse is creepy, the pizza sucks, and the games just look beat to [censored]. Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe his feelings on the place.

If you want a bunch of tickets, tell a little kid that you'll give them a handful of tokens to go in to the ball pit and search around at the bottom, that should be a gold mine.

jakethebake
07-18-2005, 12:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They have beer...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. this was the pleasant surprise that made the whole place bearable. I had three then had to supress my giggle when the kid got stuck in the ceiling.

ChoicestHops
07-18-2005, 12:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My plan is to find the most +EV ticket game and dominate it for all it's worth so I can take home a plastic army man or a bouncy ball or some [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

Almost spit out my coffee laughing at this statement.

I went with a x-gf a couple of years ago with her young brother, and it's changed alot. I did get some good skeeball playing time, however.

Ulysses
07-18-2005, 01:12 PM
Every time I pass one, I think about how cool it would be to go, but none of my friends ever want to, so it has been 20-25 years of longing since my last visit.

As for games, Skeeball and Pop-a-shot. If you can't dominate those, you suck.

tbach24
07-18-2005, 01:16 PM
Never been, although when I was little there was a similar fun-type land called "Star Land" which was amazingly cool (had mini golf, go karts and bumper boats).

Anyways, bring in your report cards and get free tokens!

Voltron87
07-18-2005, 01:17 PM
and they say this forum is going downhill.

sfer
07-18-2005, 01:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Every time I pass one, I think about how cool it would be to go, but none of my friends ever want to, so it has been 20-25 years of longing since my last visit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Volunteer to babysit one of your friend's kids, hit on single moms. Thank me later.

jakethebake
07-18-2005, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

As for games, Skeeball and Pop-a-shot. If you can't dominate those, you suck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm surprised you haven't taken any supermodels there on dates. But they don't have giant slabs of bacon for appetizers so that probably explains it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

chaas4747
07-18-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Volunteer to babysit one of your friend's kids, hit on single moms. Thank me later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wisdom just flows from you doesn't it?

Boris
07-18-2005, 01:38 PM
I'd probably kick your ass in ski-ball

Patrick del Poker Grande
07-18-2005, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoah. I see this playing out quite ugly at the local Chuck-E-Cheese's.

vulturesrow
07-18-2005, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Whoah. I see this playing out quite ugly at the local Chuck-E-Cheese's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Id be happy to set up the 2+2 SkeeBall freezeout at the Virginia Beach Chuck-E-Cheese. Open entry, Jakethebake and I will be in charge of heckling. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sponger15SB
07-18-2005, 07:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, so the wife and I are taking her little cousin to Chuck E Cheese tonight to celebrate her 4th birthday.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Okay, uh, let's move on to this week's Denise Trivia Question. The question is: Last summer when Denise and I took her niece to Chuck E. Cheese, how long did Denise say we'd be together? The answer is: Forever. Hmm.. I guess in Chuck E. Cheese, Forever means Eight Months."

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/93/pics/93bdenise1.jpg

soccerboy9
07-18-2005, 08:11 PM
pat-

i work at a chucke e cheese and i would say the games that will pay you off the best are going to be skiball and i dont know where your CEC is but at mine they have a game called smokin tokin it gives out many tickets u just need to have some hand eye cordination.

as for the pizza its meh at best.

oh and jake how the [censored] did you get 3 beers? the manager is supposed to cut u off after 2. hahaha

oh well i feel slightly rediculous for writing all of this and admitting that i actually work there.

good luck and tell your little cousin not to tug on chuckies tooth!!

Schneids
07-18-2005, 08:13 PM
Play the game where there's a wheel and you spin it and there's cheese and mice running on the wheel and you are trying to make the wheel stop on the cheese for the big jackpot. By far most +EV game.

jakethebake
07-19-2005, 08:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
oh and jake how the [censored] did you get 3 beers? the manager is supposed to cut u off after 2. hahaha

[/ QUOTE ]

is that true? that's funny because the hot teeny at the counter had to call the manager everytime i ordered one and she kept serving them to me.

Lawrence Ng
07-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Almost 20 years since I last went..oh man I was so excited everytime my dad took me there. They had all the old arcade classics from Pole Position to Super Mario to Super Punch Out.

I can't wait till my niece turns 6..I'll take her there..yeah that'll be my excuse. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lawrence