PDA

View Full Version : HU NL Question...

EStreet20
07-18-2005, 11:49 AM
Hey guys, I won a nice sized all in last night that had the other player (A 2+2er) doing an LOL ROFL in the chat box. I rarely play shorthanded or NL but I got into it after we flocked to that table the drunk 2+2er posted about last night and everyone except the two of us ended up leaving. The hand won't import to PT for some reason so I'll have to type it out. My main question is whther this is a bad call preflop which the other guy seemed to think was.

In this situation we had played about 50 hands headsup to this point. There was rarely (if ever) any open completeing. The standard raise was to 8 dollars, or four times the big blind at the 200NL level. I basically was raising any hand I'd play from the button/SB. We both played pretty much taggy styles, I picked up some extra money when I Open limp/reraised (once again, only open limp of the game) with AK suited and took down the pot on the flop so I had around 230 to the other guy's 170 or so. Here goes....

DISCLAIMER: If the other player reads this believe me I'm not posting this to talk [censored], you remember we were both friendly in the chat window, I'm just trying to improve my game and curious as to what others think.

I'm on the BB with K9 of hearts. Other guy makes it 4x BB to go (standard raise, I call... (I don't think this is a bad call in a HU match, I raised the standard with lots of hands and either this guy was too or he was getting the most amazing run of cards in the world) and see the flop of...

K 9 blank (Here I hope he actually does have AK or AA) It was the last hand at the table so the history wasn't available. He bets out abotut he size of the pot and I just call, hoping to trap and I don't want to scare away a bluffer.)

Turn is a brick, he bets pot size and I raise a decent amount (I can't remember exactly)

River I can't remember if he checked and I pushed or ifhe bet and I pushed.

I take all his dough and he starts ROFLing and stuff and says he had AK, which I do believe. So obviously it was a lucky flop but now my main question, would you guys fold preflop in a HU NL match with such a hand when the game has been played aggresively the whole time, or would you see a flop and play from there? He seemed to think my call was absurd but I 'll open my hand range up in a HU match to a standard raise. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Matt