PDA

View Full Version : Fla-Vor-Ice

gonores
07-18-2005, 10:49 AM
There needs to be more threads singing the praises of this wonderful summer treat. I leave the AC off in my apartment for long periods of time just so I can enjoy them in the heat while I work. The only pitfall is the by-product of empty wrappers that I leave everywhere.

Discuss

sfer
07-18-2005, 10:58 AM
OMG. I lurve them.

A slightly less sweet version can be found in just about any Asian market.

Ulysses
07-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Do you like Tropical?

What are your thoughts on Otter Pops and Pop Ice?

Have you ever had Fla-Vor-Ice Super Sour?

nate1729
07-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Also, we need to discuss the phenomenon whereby a little sugary water is left at the end but no matter how hard you try a little bit of it always gets caught in the sides so you never totally finish a Fla-Vor-Ice. I don't know why, but I find it very charming.

gonores
07-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Tropical has always had this problem of freezing improperly, creating a tube of jagged shards of ice on which to suck.

Pop-ice is a fine product, but if I remember correctly, offers smaller tubes than flavor-ice. This isn't cool, because it leaves a smaller pool of melted goodness at the bottom. Clearly, the pool of juice at the bottom is the best part of any frozen tube of sugar-juice, so more is better.

I'm unfamiliar with Otter Pops. I don't think they are offered in Wisconsin...I'll check it out at the store today, along with the flavorice super-sour.

BeerMoney
07-18-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Pop-ice is a fine product, but if I remember correctly, offers smaller tubes than flavor-ice. This isn't cool, because it leaves a smaller pool of melted goodness at the bottom. Clearly, the pool of juice at the bottom is the best part of any frozen tube of sugar-juice, so more is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could have its own forum. I'm impressed with your overall dedication to Fla-Vor-Ice.

Bulldog
07-18-2005, 11:28 AM
Amen brother. The green rule. I wish they didn't have the nasty blue in there.

BeerMoney
07-18-2005, 11:30 AM
"I wish they didn't have the nasty blue in there."

I've only smelled my own nut sack, but if I'd tasted it, I think it would taste a lot like blue.

jakethebake
07-18-2005, 11:31 AM
Didn't we just have a thread on this awhile back? I think tbach started it.

I only wish this stuff didn't stain.

gonores
07-18-2005, 11:38 AM
I'm glad you asked, my least-favorite-poster friend /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tbach did create a flavorice vs. teeni poll a few months ago, but it only got a few responses and did not pay due homage to vast superiority of flavorice...hence the request for more threads, as opposed to "a" thread.

tbach24
07-18-2005, 01:07 PM
I love these. I haven't had them in like a month though so I need to restock. Kool-aid makes really good ones as well. I used to have trouble opening them but then I discovered scissors.

Ulysses
07-18-2005, 01:17 PM
Check out the dominating list of products these guys own: JelSert (http://www.jelsert.com/products.asp)

gumpzilla
07-18-2005, 01:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check out the dominating list of products these guys own: JelSert (http://www.jelsert.com/products.asp)

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually haven't heard of most of these products. However, it's hard to argue with the following slogan:

[ QUOTE ]

Our desserts and refreshments are the best things that have happened to fun in years!

[/ QUOTE ]

highlife
07-18-2005, 01:25 PM
are WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better. Try them sometime. They are like the champagne of ice pops.

Brain
07-18-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There needs to be more threads singing the praises of this wonderful summer treat. I leave the AC off in my apartment for long periods of time just so I can enjoy them in the heat while I work. The only pitfall is the by-product of empty wrappers that I leave everywhere.

Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to be the bearer of responsible news, but you could put a wastebasket by the couch. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Sooga
07-20-2005, 01:40 PM
I have to admit I have gone my entire life without tasting fla-vor-ice. I was at my neighborhood Ralph's yesterday, and I couldn't find any. I found Otter Pops, is fla-vor-ice usually in the same place? If not, where would I go to find these tasty treats?

PokerBob
07-20-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Discuss

[/ QUOTE ]

Where do you live in Madison? I'm an alumnus. I like to reminisfsdsa...however the [censored] you spell that word

astroglide
07-20-2005, 04:05 PM
i used to chew these, fill them up with water and drink them after i was done, etc. i would end up with cuts on the corners of my mouth a lot.

TimM
07-20-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Amen brother. The green rule. I wish they didn't have the nasty blue in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah. Blue is good. Orange is my least favorite.

Ever not have the patience to wait for them to fully freeze? So you wait until it's like a slush. That's pretty awesome. Sometimes I take a fully frozen one and crush it into a slush with my fingers before I eat it.

Drew16
07-20-2005, 04:13 PM
One of the greatest things ever invented. But the sticky trail of wrappers is a problem.

NutzyClutz
07-20-2005, 09:40 PM
Yuk. They leave a burning sensation in my throat. Anyone else?

dabluebery
07-20-2005, 11:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I take a fully frozen one and crush it into a slush with my fingers before I eat it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure that this is the correct way to eat Flavor Ice. I also would have accepted "Suck all the sugar / color out and then toss the boring ice." But the first one is much preferred.

Rob