PDA

View Full Version : Odd structure- adjustment suggestions

MrG
07-18-2005, 10:33 AM
$1 Ante
Low brings in for $1
$1 or $2 bets on any street(spread limit betting??)- Standard cap at three raises.

Rake for an 7-8 person table is $4
Rake for 6-5 person table is $3
Rake for 3-4 person table is $2

Played yesterday for the first time and the play overall was very passive and poor. People just in for the ride to the finish. Finished up $60 after 5 hours of play. But kept thinking that there is a ton of overhead to make up for. Not being able to punish people on the later streets hurts. Any suggestions in regarding to adjusting play(including not playing in the game at all) welcome. Thanks, MrG

CJC
07-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Well with a dollar ante ( same as small bet ).. makes chasing with weak hands so close to correct I really don't see the point in playing the game. I generally don't like playing in games where the structure of the game itself makes morronic play close to correct..

This is a game of raise-raise-- reraise--reraise -- all with inferior hands..

Look for a better spot.. If you are a good player and your opponents are weak.. you can make some good money in these games.. But you had better be able to read boards and you should have a sizeable bankroll for the swings..

This sorta reminds me of when Mohegan used to spread $300-600 stud and the players decided to bump the ante to a $100. Now that game was f*cking crazy.

CJ

jon_1van
07-18-2005, 10:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
This sorta reminds me of when Mohegan used to spread $300-600 stud and the players decided to bump the ante to a $100. Now that game was f*cking crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'd pay to watch this game.

CJC
07-18-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I'd pay to watch this game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have too, I was usually at the table next to it playing $10-20.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You heard alot of yelling.. that much I can tell ya.

CJ