PDA

View Full Version : Is Party going to ban me.......

PokerBob
07-18-2005, 09:57 AM
....because I am cheating? I have several books on poker and have read and studied them. I bought them at a bookstore. As far as I know, other players could go to the bookstore and buy these books telling them how to play correctly, but it seems that many of my opponents have not read said books. Am I cheating? I don't want to get banned.

toss
07-18-2005, 10:05 AM
Come on Bob this is gonna start out some kinda pointless debate. Party did it and it ain't gonna change. No way we can change Party's policies.

Dariel86
07-18-2005, 10:06 AM
Party wont ban you, but an evil moderator might

DMBFan23
07-18-2005, 10:13 AM
not the same thing and you know it. do you still have time to erase this post bob?

this will be my only post in this thread

PorscheNGuns
07-18-2005, 11:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
....because I am cheating? I have several computers on my desk and have each one on a different IPS. I bought them at Dell's online outlet store. As far as I know, other players could go to Dell's online outlet store and buy these extra computers, telling them how to see multiple hands at the same table, but it seems that many of my opponents have not tried maliciously cheating in this fashion. Am I cheating? I don't want to get banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

CORed
07-18-2005, 02:23 PM
Yes. Party's software will scan your house for Poker books. Hellmouth's "Play Poker Like the Pros" is OK, but TOP, HPFAP or SSHE will get you one warning, and if the books are not removed from your house, you will be banned.

colgin
07-18-2005, 02:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
....because I am cheating? I have several books on poker and have read and studied them. I bought them at a bookstore. As far as I know, other players could go to the bookstore and buy these books telling them how to play correctly, but it seems that many of my opponents have not read said books. Am I cheating? I don't want to get banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not going to report you because that's not my thing (no rat here). But your post will ptobably cause some complaints and I expect that if your Party name is PokerBob you will be . . . BANNED!!

Toddster18
07-18-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel you should be banned. You have knowledge that I don't have, which creates an unfair advantage. Even though I choose not to get the same information (it costs money to buy books!), I still feel you should be banned.

-Todd

baronzeus
07-18-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Come on Bob this is gonna start out some kinda pointless debate. Party did it and it ain't gonna change. No way we can change Party's policies.

[/ QUOTE ].

What happened? Link please.

jman220
07-18-2005, 03:51 PM
I have only read the title of your post and none of the responses. Yes they are going to ban you.

PokerBob
07-18-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hellmouth's "Play Poker Like the Pros" is OK,

[/ QUOTE ]

Whew. This is the only one I have, but I bought several copies.

mmbt0ne
07-18-2005, 04:09 PM
If they do, it'll be the most overtly racist thing I've heard of in a long time.

Exsubmariner
07-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Racist hindus? Do the math....

sthief09
07-18-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
not the same thing and you know it. do you still have time to erase this post bob?

this will be my only post in this thread

[/ QUOTE ]