PDA

View Full Version : BB vs. SB, holding a small pair

Aces McGee
07-18-2005, 09:49 AM
Party 3/6. Opponent in this hand is a liberal blind stealer. That's my only read on him thus far (I accumulated more of a read later in the session).

Folded to him in the SB, he raises. I reraise with 4c4h. He calls.

Flop is 8h 7h 7d.
He checks, I bet, he calls.

Turn is Kh.
He checks, I...

thanks in advance.

-McGee

chief444
07-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Bet.

callmedonnie
07-18-2005, 11:29 AM
You absolutely have to bet this, no questions asked. In hands like this, this play (reraising a pf steal) often your lead on the flop won't end it. Usually a turn BB is required, and if you don't bet this you are wasting the money you put into this pot by trying to defend you Big blind. You have to follow up on this. And yes, a check raise would suck. Sometimes even blind stealing Lags have cards in the small blind.

Aces McGee
07-18-2005, 11:42 AM
can you fold to a checkraise?

-McGee

thejameser
07-18-2005, 11:50 AM
why not check to induce a bluff on the river?

callmedonnie
07-18-2005, 11:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why not check to induce a bluff on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]

You reraised his steal so the king is a great opportunity to end the hand and take the pot, taking his 2 big bets that he committed.

If he has overcards and you check here, is the plan to just call a river bet? I don't like letting someone with overcards see a free river, and that is his most likely holding, no?

thejameser
07-18-2005, 12:21 PM
if it is a pure steal attempt he may have any two cards, not just overcards. the fact that your PP is very vulnerible would be my reasoning to not check. but you could hit a heart or 4 on the river that would hold up against a bigger non-heart holding.

chief444
07-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Probably. I don't think continuing would be terrible though depending on how aggressive you've seen the opponent get. But it's tough for a lot of 12 out hands to call the turn bet with the K falling even though they should so you need to bet regardless IMO.

Argus
07-18-2005, 01:13 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
can you fold to a checkraise?

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]
No. You have to see a showdown unless the board double pairs above you or villain folds. Definitely bet this turn; that's what I like to do when my hand is best, which yours is here most of the time.

Edit: You know you have a flush draw right? A 4 high flush is often the winner headsup. Chances are if you don't have the best hand, you do have the best draw, so a bet is very clearly the best play here. So many things can go right and even if the worst happens (you get check/raised), you probably have 11 outs.

Aces McGee
07-18-2005, 01:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know you have a flush draw right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. It's one reason I think checking might be better than betting here.

-McGee

thejameser
07-18-2005, 02:02 PM
why not bet here, then? you 1)likely have the best hand here, and 2)likely have the best draw also. missing a bet here would be criminal IMO(i was just asking questions before, i never SAID i would induce a bluff, quite the contratry actually).

TomBrooks
07-19-2005, 04:08 AM
Bet. If he raises, call. You have flush outs and SB might be making another steal attempt with the turn scary card.