PDA

View Full Version : Couple of hands to examine

lufbradolly
07-18-2005, 09:13 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (5.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (7.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

Did i miss a value bet on the river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (14 SB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Hero?

Is a 3bet here standard or should i call?

W. Deranged
07-18-2005, 09:20 AM
Hand #1:

Everything looks great to me except I think you have a pretty clear river value bet here. Don't live in fear of the river check-raise. Many players don't even try it. Just because the flush came and your opponent was calling you down doesn't mean he has a flush yet. Your hand is strong and you need to be sure to extract max value. Seriously consider folding to a river check-raise, though, if villain is not known to get out of hand.

Hand #2:

1. Raise pre-flop. This is very straightforward. Your hand is fairly likely to be best on high-card strength alone and plays well in large, multi-way pots because of it's broadway/nut-flush potential. Opponents will come along with much worse hands. (Beware of articles/books which talk about not raise A10s pre-flop because it will only attract calls from better hands; that is simply NOT the case at small stakes).

1a. Had you raised, you likely don't face this scenario.

2. Three-bet the flop. This is one of the best possible flops for your hand. Unless you get capped on the flop or raised on the turn, plan on betting this the whole way and probably value-betting the river.

P.S. I would recommend posting your hands in individual posts, one post per hand. I think you'll get clearer, more thoughtful responses.

lufbradolly
07-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Hey thanks a lot appreciate the response your advice makes a lot of sense and i'm pretty sure i should of bet the river and its one of those things i sometimes do and sometimes don't depending on how brave i'm feeling.

On Hand2: Yep i'm just like the stereotype thinking that you shouldn't raise with AT(s) Preflop unless there are optimal conditions.

In future i'll post hands one at a time.

krimson
07-18-2005, 12:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In future i'll post hands one at a time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post any reads/stats you have on the villians as well. It will help with the closer decisions.

Chuckles1248
07-18-2005, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On Hand2: Yep i'm just like the stereotype thinking that you shouldn't raise with AT(s) Preflop unless there are optimal conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're willing to raise PF with KJo in LP after 2 limpers (Hand 1), but NOT willing to raise ATs in LMP after 3 limpers?